: anyone have a CAI yet?

turbo2.0
03-05-13, 09:13 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has found and intake system for the 2.0T yet? It just seems strange to me that the car has been out for 6 months and nobody has a production intake available for it yet.

turbo2.0
03-06-13, 01:39 PM
wow... well I just tried to call one of the Premium vendors from this site trying to get the info they promised weeks ago and the only respose I got was "YEAH YEAH I OWE YOU DAMN EMAIL, I'LL GET TO IT" I guess people in AZ have different people skills then elsewhere...

mikesul
03-06-13, 05:09 PM
Seems like KPE, D3, and Pfadt are all working on a CAI. Too me it's worth it only if it adds HP.

Neuroleptic
03-06-13, 06:37 PM
It doesn't seem like anything has been developed aftermarket yet. I suppose 6 months may be too soon, but man if this were a Honda we'd have strobes and lift kits by now...or maybe a suede V-style shift knob?

turbo2.0
03-06-13, 06:41 PM
Seems like KPE, D3, and Pfadt are all working on a CAI. Too me it's worth it only if it adds HP.

well you named the company I was refering to...

And don't get me started on the suede shift knob, its still listed as a "future part"

Hoosier Daddy
03-06-13, 07:27 PM
wow... well I just tried to call one of the Premium vendors from this site trying to get the info they promised weeks ago and the only respose I got was "YEAH YEAH I OWE YOU DAMN EMAIL, I'LL GET TO IT" I guess people in AZ have different people skills then elsewhere...
What vendor is in AZ?

Stevo Supremo
03-06-13, 09:18 PM
CAI add marginal HP without a tune. But they do make the engine sound beastly under W.O.T!

rocco11189
03-06-13, 10:57 PM
Pfadt's CAI they have coming out looks pretty promising. It looks to be that they are doing a lot of product development for the ATS and updating us on the forums when they can.

mikesul
03-07-13, 08:39 AM
What vendor is in AZ?
KPE is in AZ.

Hoosier Daddy
03-07-13, 09:03 AM
KPE is in AZ.
Thanks.

turbo2.0
03-07-13, 06:40 PM
I will say that the vedor did call and apologize, had me all fired up but has gone out of his way to make it right

zdeckich
11-02-14, 01:04 PM
Hate to bump a old thread but and one have a CAI since Pfadts is no longer.

donavo
11-02-14, 01:55 PM
Full cai with a heat shield would be way better than just a tube upgrade I think...

Bryce2.0T
11-02-14, 04:58 PM
ZZP is working on a finished product. It will use the stock intake box. My guess is for ram air

donavo
11-02-14, 05:01 PM
ZZP is working on a finished product. It will use the stock intake box. My guess is for ram air

Basically another tube upgrade? What other possibility is there?

DiabloMike
11-02-14, 06:23 PM
Fwiw, the stock air box is a pretty good design, if it's not a restriction, there's no point in adding the cost and complexity of a new setup, when cleaning up the airflow with a good tube upgrade will accomplish almost the same thing.

sqkid89
11-03-14, 12:13 PM
Not that its much of a surprise, but the ATS and CTS share the same air boxes for the 2.0T and the 3.6 engines. Since the Vsport gets a slightly more open box bottom (and different filter apparently), I may look into trying to find one and seeing if I can swap it in for a little more breathing

TxBorderCop
03-10-15, 10:45 PM
Is it just me, or does everyone else notice that there are no CAI for our cars?

I mean, you can get a K&N drop in filter, but you would think that the 2.0T cars would have SOMEONE make a CAI for it?

CAI's don't invalidate the factory warranties, so you would think someone would want to make one?

They have them for Bimmers, Mercs and other Caddies (CTS comes to mind), why not the ATS?

oemtech
03-10-15, 11:20 PM
I suspect the demand is not high enough.

louie1487
03-11-15, 08:14 AM
Maybe no one wants to offer up there car for testing or companies aren't noticing any power difference, so they find it hard to market. Me personally, I want one for the appearance, turbo sound and swapping to a cone setup. Normally the biggest difference I notice is the smoother throttle response.

oemtech
03-11-15, 09:40 AM
CAI's are a very poor ROI. If you look at the stock air box it is pretty efficient. Most CAI's I see really don't draw much COLD air and cost $200 or $300.

rriddle3
03-11-15, 02:22 PM
^^^^
This. Modern air boxes do just fine. Aftermarket CAIs are a holdover from older air intake designs. Not worth the investment.

Billm0066
03-11-15, 06:22 PM
I wouldn't buy one. Not worth the turbo noise alone.

TxBorderCop
03-11-15, 10:17 PM
Vararam is one that does draw cold air quite nicely. The only issue (especially on C6 Corvettes) is that if there is water on the road, they were known for drawing water in.

I guess I will just go with a drop in K&N and maybe the downpipe.

oemtech
03-11-15, 11:44 PM
I have had K&N 4 layer and S&B 8" layer filters... Other than they are reuseable after wash, dry, re-oil and install. Plus the cleaner and oil bring up the cost. Replacing the stock filter once a year is cheaper and works for 90% of us. Now unless you have big HP engine your gains are almost zip, maybe 5 or 10 hp at wot.

duneless
03-13-15, 01:14 AM
No they didn't say that? I know this is old but had to comment on that one.

Ragtop 99
03-13-15, 02:53 PM
Bigger returns are available in the exhaust and a tune. TRS makes an intake that eliminates the silencer. I have it, but couldn't tell you if it adds power by itself, although reducing restrictions is a good idea. I also tune the car so if there is a benefit, I can capture it.