: Cam question

Trainman SRT-10
03-04-13, 11:44 PM
I have a new 2012 CTS V Coupe, 6-speed manual. I am going to talk to the dealer about what changes I might be able to do and keep my warranty. Lets just say they will alow me to change the cam to the Factory LS9 cam, what kind of power gains do you think I can expect? Lingenfelter has them on sale for a very good price. I'm assuming that since my car has less than 2,000 miles, I will be able to use my existing lifters and rockers. Do you think the factory valve springs will be OK?

Ramv
03-04-13, 11:48 PM
Cool. I have nothing else to add. 600 hp Cadillac.

DCV
03-05-13, 08:19 AM
I'm guessing you will need a tune with that cam, which I don't think GM will give you. So you will have to go aftermarket tune...that will void your GM warranty.

Presence Distribution
03-05-13, 08:49 AM
Recommend upgrading the springs to PAC 1518, add an intake and catback while you're at it (generally warranty safe). PM me for special pricing.

SecretWeapon
03-05-13, 07:06 PM
Swapping the cam will require you to get a tune to take advantage of any performance gains. Don't be cheap - buy new springs, they will be the least of your expenses in doing a cam swap. The change in tune will void the power train warranty. If warranty is an issue for you just cut out the bottom of your air box and add a different high flow filter and call it a day. The stock exhaust flows pretty well and an exhaust upgrade will not get you much of a gain without a tune.

Reeper
03-06-13, 01:17 AM
You can also purchase a second ecu and flash a factory tune to it, and keep it on the side

Karch
03-06-13, 10:42 PM
You do know that a new LS9 cam varies in price from about $112-$150, right?