: Ghost Windows

ra0007
03-04-13, 05:09 PM
Twice in three months I have come out to the the car in the morning and all four windows were all the way open. The first time was in my garage - no harm. Last night was parked in a drive in 15 degree weather. I have witnesses that the car was not left that way.

Has anybody had this experience or can suggest what would cause this? Can ON Star open windows as well as locks?

wthomas33
03-04-13, 05:14 PM
Don't hold down the unlock button on the key FOB for more than a few seconds.

reciprocity
03-05-13, 01:06 PM
As wthomas33 said, it's likely that you accidentally held down the unlock button on your remote (pressing it in your pocket when you sat down, etc.). I believe your dealer can reprogram the car to disable the remote vent feature. Alternately, try something like the "KeyWraps" that are advertised on this site to protect your key and help prevent accidental button pushes.

ra0007
03-05-13, 01:18 PM
Thank you

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-05-13, 02:38 PM
Ra0007, I'm happy to see forum members stepped in to provide useful feedback for you! If the ghost window frustration returns at all, please keep us updated! As reciprocity mentioned, consulting with your dealer is a great next step as well.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

handymantoo
03-05-13, 08:55 PM
I discussed with dealer service department and was told there is no way to program the remote to eliminate this feature. If anyone knows differently let me know.