: Nav system gets lost

ra0007
03-04-13, 04:02 PM
The map system in my XTS leaves a lot to be desired. Several times on trip through central Wisconsin and Minnesota, the nav system either didn't have roads I know are at least 3 years old and once the route totally disappeared at a very dangerous interchange. After traveling hundreds of thousands of miles, using different GPS systems, this 700 mile trips had more "turn arounds" than I've ever had on a trip in my life.

The CUE nav system is the least intuitive and least accurate system I've ever used.

BreakThrough
03-04-13, 07:49 PM
The map system in my XTS leaves a lot to be desired. Several times on trip through central Wisconsin and Minnesota, the nav system either didn't have roads I know are at least 3 years old and once the route totally disappeared at a very dangerous interchange. After traveling hundreds of thousands of miles, using different GPS systems, this 700 mile trips had more "turn arounds" than I've ever had on a trip in my life.

The CUE nav system is the least intuitive and least accurate system I've ever used.

I am not happy with it either. The old NAV in my 11 ctsv coupe I like better. That said, as part of an overall CUE systems update GM has scheduled for this month sometime, it was to include NAV updates including street adds, names etc.

reciprocity
03-05-13, 12:24 PM
The CUE update does include map updates. After you have the upgrade done, you might report back (if you ever make this trip again) to see if that improves things. I haven't seen any major problems with either version, but maybe that's just luck.

ra0007
03-05-13, 12:25 PM
I had the car in for "the" CUE update just before my trip. Also, my '04 Seville had a much better nav system