: First weekend

Neuroleptic
03-04-13, 04:01 PM
Hello All,

Picked up a 2.0T with a manual on Friday and have driven about 150 miles so far (had 14 on it when I drove it off the lot).
I have black on black, standard model with the aforementioned six speed and a sunroof.

The good:
I love the engine and the six speed. I drove one about a month and a half ago and the 6 speed was clunky and vague. I
ordered one anyway, but there was some doubt as to whether the manual was the way to go. My six speed feels much better than the previous one, and reverse is much more difficult to engage (a good thing).

The engine feels terrific too, even though I have babied it so far. I think I am going to have about a 1000 mile break in period, staying away from redline and long highway commutes etc.

The interior is great. I have the standard model, with "leatherette" seating, but honestly people have not been able to tell that it isn't leather. I really like the clean layout of the dash, and the overall fit and finish.

The bad:
A few minor annoyances, but when added together, have really hurt my overall impression so far. Maybe some of you have had these problems and would be kind enough to help me with them:
1) On the speedo area mini-display (don't know the actual term for it) the screen will pop up with the "sport/touring mode" graphic sporadically, and without provocation. This happens all the time, and seems to happen more when I hit a bump, or shift gears. Is there a way I can "silence" this feature?
2) FM radio reception is really terrible. It will come in for the first 5 seconds or so, and then fade out to static and say "searching for HD station" or something like that. XM works fine, but come on. I feel like the guy who paid for satellite but can't get local channels.
3) The CUE screen will scramble every once in awhile. This just started happening today, but it is some what concerning. The bottom of the screen will jumble and then the whole thing will get fuzzy. It has happened may be 3 times so far.

So overall, I love the car itself, but the electronics are a little sketchy. Maybe the CUE update that I have heard about will fix some of these things. Thanks for reading!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-05-13, 01:14 PM
Neuroleptic, thank you for taking the time share your ATS thoughts! Cadillac appreciates the feedback, and please let me know if you would like me to investigate further for you or check on the recalls (or updates!) that are applicable on your specific ATS. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service