: Aftermarket Stereo installation Seville 2001 bose system sound

power007
03-04-13, 06:44 AM
Hi all
I replace my Seville 2001 oem sound system ( Bose system sound) withe Aftermarket Stereo the problem is
1-the security system turn on
2-Doors do not close
3-Remote don't work

What to do please help

txtaz
03-04-13, 02:15 PM
What interface did you use?
"Doors do not close" - Really? Where did you install the HU, on the door jamb?:bouncy: Seriously, that door was wide open.
What remote? Car alarm/door locks or stereo?
Taz

Submariner409
03-04-13, 04:57 PM
The OP is in Saudi Arabia.

power007, The original Bose sound system is part of the car's serial data bus, TheftLock, and remote operation systems. You must obtain a special jumper harness and wiring in order to regain all your car functions.

Search further through this Audio forum.

txtaz
03-04-13, 05:40 PM
The OP is in Saudi Arabia.

Ahhh, my bad. Appology to the OP. I cannot see location information as Sub can.
You can also short out E6 and F6 on the GM32 plug to get everything "talking" again. I've testing it and it does not throw an error on my '02 ETC with Premium Bose.
Taz

power007
03-06-13, 10:11 AM
You can also short out E6 and F6 on the GM32 plug to get everything "talking" again. I've testing it and it does not throw an error on my '02 ETC with Premium Bose.
Taz
it ok bro :)
but can you please Explain it by picture

----------

Do you please guide me on the link

txtaz
03-06-13, 05:47 PM
Here is a picture.
Your connector should be the same as mine. This is the one you removed from the original head unit. E6 and F6 are the serial data pins. If you did not use an aftermarket interface, you can short these out and the rest of your data bus will work again. Alarm/remote/door locks etc.
What did you do for amps and speakers?
I ask because you can cause damage to the system if you try and tap into RIM without an interface or knowing how to do it.
Without an interface you will loose OnStar and chimes.
Hope this helps,
Taz<-- Off to tear the car apart one last time. Stereo time for me also.

power007
03-07-13, 02:36 AM
Here is a picture.
Your connector should be the same as mine. This is the one you removed from the original head unit. E6 and F6 are the serial data pins. If you did not use an aftermarket interface, you can short these out and the rest of your data bus will work again. Alarm/remote/door locks etc.
What did you do for amps and speakers?
I ask because you can cause damage to the system if you try and tap into RIM without an interface or knowing how to do it.
Without an interface you will loose OnStar and chimes.
Hope this helps,
Taz<-- Off to tear the car apart one last time. Stereo time for me also.

God bless you Thanks

DRJEKYL_97
06-14-13, 10:35 PM
Taz

Hello, I'm going to do an aftermarket stereo on my 98 Deville. When you say :short out pin E6 and F6 what do you mean? How do you "short out" the pins?

Thank you..

N*Caddy
06-21-13, 10:01 PM
Connect pin E6 and F6 together.
Normally is not required (due to the layout of the data bus consisting of loops) but should you have a bad contact in the same loop and the modules in between the bad contact and the NO contact (the gap you made by removing the perfectly functional OEM HU) will be out of data.
To be honest (and I this is truly a friendly advise) the sound system in these cars is quite complex, if you ask the question “How do you "short out" the pins?”, probably is better to either leave it alone or ask for professional help. By professional I don’t refer to a person installing all day long aftermarket sound systems in Honda Civic and similar cars, somebody that has a very good understanding of the Cadillac sound systems (including access to schematics) and very strong background in electronics.

vincentm
06-23-13, 12:16 PM
RPO code for my Caddy's radio is UW7, my alldata doesn't match up, Ive a pink wire in F3 and the rear speakers are connected a ylw/red and black/brown wires

I think it's covering a UW6, which i dont think matches up to mine..

power007
08-28-13, 02:49 AM
thinks all for help me but another problem
(Alarm bell) does not work after i replaced my oem sound system ( Bose system sound) withe Aftermarket Stereo
so what can i do is there any Solution
grateful all for you help

MoistCabbage
08-28-13, 03:18 AM
You need to use the correct integration module, as posted earlier in the thread. A Metra GMOS-06.

power007
08-30-13, 12:24 AM
Is it easy to install with the 2001 STS Seville system and can you pleas guide my the way to install or in my 2001 STS Seville

power007
09-01-13, 03:17 AM
Did you mean this product

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METRA-GMOS-06-00-UP-CADILLAC-ONSTAR-AMP-INTERFACE-SYS-/160616421883

MoistCabbage
09-01-13, 03:35 AM
Yes.

skuppej
11-26-13, 12:01 AM
Get that GMOS-06 module. It works. I did this to my 2002 Seville (and coupled it with an Axxess steering wheel module) and had no issues at all.
It was just a lot of wire matching and soldering but worked like a charm.

Now I am trying to bypass the amp in the back and put my own in. Then replace the speakers.
The saga continues lol