: Cadillac Flower Car (hopefully soon)

CadillacReverend
01-04-05, 02:35 PM
Hello all... my name is Spencer, I'm 20, and I live in Southern California. I don't yet have a Caddy, but the one I might be acquiring soon is what I think to be pretty rare. It's a 1968 Cadillac Flower Car built by S&S. I've only ever seen this one and another owned by someone in New York (type in 1968 Flower Car in Google and it'll show you a picture).

I took it for a drive and it drives pretty well. It starts rough, but mostly because of old age. It brakes well, it handles well. It's got some body problems, but this car has basically set outside for years and years. The interior is ok, with the bench seat being broken down the middle so it slides forward in an awkward way. It also has a tear. The windows all work and radio still works perfectly.

The only reason my friend's dad said he even bought it was by accident; he was bidding on eBay and didn't realize he was the high bidder until the guy contacted him and told him he had won the auction. All they use it for is carrying home the Christmas tree.

The only thing I've noticed to be major problems are 1) the vinyl roof has a big tear down the middle and is curling up; 2) the inside of the bed has wood for part of the lining and the wood is wearing away, so I'm assuming there's a bit of rust underneath; 3) there is some surface rust, nothing too major, but needing to be addressed.

How's that sound for a car? Does anyone know anything about these? I don't even know how many have been produced and I haven't found any resources on the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Rev. Spencer

CADDYBLACK99
01-04-05, 04:48 PM
Good afternoon Reverend!

Welcome to the forum! You will find all you need to know here! I've included a link that will help. Another member here is also a member of the Professional Car Society, they will have more info about the flower car. Good luck! Let us know if you get it!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26257&highlight=AMBULANCE
:welcome:
Paul