: new CTSV owner

59 camaro
03-03-13, 12:43 PM
hello, i just bought my 2005 ctsv this week, looking for any tips and advice on mods for my car, its pretty much stock other then the intake.... what are the first things i should be swapping changing on the ctsv? this will just be my going out car, i have a POS crx as my daily driver and my 67 camaro as my car show/car meet car so the caddy will just be to have fun and go out... thanks for the help, i hope to learn a lot more on this forum :cool2:

kciaccio
03-03-13, 05:00 PM
First thing is the shifter...see pissnuoff thread. I waited 8 months after purchasing mine and it should have been the first thing.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/192900-custom-short-shifter-ordering-process.html

rand49er
03-03-13, 05:51 PM
+1 on pisnuoff's shifter.

After that, it depends. It depends on what you want to do with your car. Performance and sound wise, you could start with L-T headers and exhaust (several to choose from). Handling would be enhanced by anti-sway bars (Hotchkis) and/or lowering (Ground Control or mighty mouse). If you expect to do an occasional burnout, you'll need axles to eliminate wheelhop and to protect your differential (Hendrix or Gforce). And though I've done my differential bushing (UUC), lots of guys will say do your motor mounts and trans mount bushing (Revshift and Creative Steel), but mine haven't been an issue as far as I can tell so mine are stock. From there, you can do H/C or go for some forced induction and/or nitrous. All it takes is money.

Good luck and welcome!

59 camaro
03-03-13, 06:09 PM
Thanks, yeah I'm actually messaging him bout my shifter as we speak ;) what's the best way to drop these cars?

izcain
03-03-13, 06:14 PM
Best thing I can say is look it over really good and start with all the small items. Little things when taken care of will just sharpen the sword. That way when you take the car out in the evenings there will be nothing that annoys you. Radio buttons, armrests, parking brake just make sure that everything is in proper working order before throwing parts at it. Not to mention taking care of these items will familiarize yourself with the new vehicle and get you ready to dive even further into it.

At least that is my .02

rand49er
03-03-13, 08:33 PM
Oh, forgot to suggest fluids. Be SURE to check your clutch fluid reservoir and top it off if necessary.

59 camaro
03-04-13, 12:45 AM
Thanks!

CTSV_Rob
03-04-13, 02:50 AM
Lightened Flywheel woke my car up, just had the Aluminum UUC when I got mine and I'm still running the stock clutch. Seems there are a bunch of options now, not sure which would be the best. I was thinking the LS9 setup but I have read a couple of bad reviews so no sure anymore.

Welcome to the forum.

59 camaro
03-07-13, 01:05 AM
thanks rob