: 69 deville interior paint

SWEENDOG1969
03-03-13, 02:21 AM
I have a 69 deville and need to paint a map light cover...I got one for cheap and its greenish but not the dark green as my dash/interior.

77CDV
03-05-13, 01:50 AM
They make paint specifically for plastic. Find as close a match as you can. I'd start with a hobby shop.

1973_Eldorado
03-05-13, 09:45 AM
One additional option; find the discount auto paint stores closest to you, and start calling around. Some of them will custom mix a color if you supply a code, or they may be able to just use a sample. They will mix it and put it in an aerosol can for you. It's not crazy-expensive, I had it done about a year ago for less than $20.

P.Katson
03-06-13, 02:27 AM
You can use a paint for plastic aka "dye". SEM is a very good product and a auto paint supplier will have paint chips. However, for such a small piece that has little or no contact compared to a seat, I would make the correct color a priority and use spray paint over plastic dye if it is a better match.

talismandave
03-06-13, 03:26 AM
Krylon Fusion and Rustoleum Universal are both for plastic. Rustoleum also has a plastic primer that any of their paints will go over. Zinsser 123 is also a good primer for plastic.

SWEENDOG1969
03-15-13, 04:47 PM
I think I might have the mobile interior repair guys take a wack at it...also need them to look at a tear/wear spot where mice helped themselves to some seat cushion.