: new guy just had a 05 black V shipped to the north pole from Washington

Pearsonmx6
03-02-13, 09:11 PM
Hows it going everyone. Wife and I just bought a V just to use as a toy. Our dd's are an 06 duramax and a 08 tacoma TRD sport.

All we are going to do this summer is drive it and collect parts for this winter. We are planning on a cam full exhaust tune and don't know what my intake options are but we will look in to that and also start plans for replacing the rear end. We also want to black out the whole car.

I run an auto shop out of my garage so ill work will be performed by the woman and I.

The only issue is getting parts to alaska at a reasonable rate.

darkman
03-02-13, 09:21 PM
:welcome:

JFensty
03-03-13, 12:21 PM
Welcome. Where in AK? My brother lives in Wasilla and when I visited I only saw one V.

Pearsonmx6
03-03-13, 08:53 PM
North pole. Its right next to Fairbanks.

izcain
03-04-13, 03:21 AM
congrats on the V where in washington was the car previously?

Pearsonmx6
03-04-13, 10:16 AM
Goodfellas in tacoma I think

V user
03-04-13, 11:24 AM
Wow I think I would have waited until summer and drove the Alcan that would have been a fun ride, I have made many trips on the road and allways wanted to do it in a car like the V!
Congratulations on your new hot ride.

izcain
03-04-13, 11:26 AM
Cool! I saw that one listed. Looked like a very clean car!

Pearsonmx6
03-04-13, 08:48 PM
Wow I think I would have waited until summer and drove the Alcan that would have been a fun ride, I have made many trips on the road and allways wanted to do it in a car like the V!

Been there done that it took 3.5 days to go from Phoenix to Fairbanks and the only time I want to do it again is when I leave then the v will be in the back of a giant trailer.

izcain
03-04-13, 08:53 PM

It says oympic peninsula where abouts on the olympic peninsula V user?

V for victory
03-05-13, 06:32 PM
Welcome ! you just might be the most Northern V on the planet. HAHA

carlson_mn
03-05-13, 10:10 PM
Welcome. I enjoyed my time in North Pole when I was briefly at Eielson AFB. Summers are great there enjoy the V. There's certainly some wide open roads to let her loose on.

Ak Jim
03-07-13, 04:02 PM
Wow, I'm no longer the only V in North Pole!

ben.gators
03-07-13, 07:51 PM
Wow I think I would have waited until summer

Why summer? The ice roads won’t be open then!

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ice-road-truckers.jpg

silentwig
03-07-13, 08:13 PM
pics of car or it didnt happen

Pearsonmx6
03-08-13, 01:31 AM
Wow, I'm no longer the only V in North Pole!

Thats awesome!!! I cant pm yet but shoot me a pm and we should meet up sometime. Do you have any mods done.

Ak Jim
03-08-13, 11:49 AM
Yes, definately have to get together, I'm pretty busy for the month of March but things should be a little better in April. I have cags eliminator, UUC flywheel and shifter with the Lindsay bushings and Corsa Exhaust. Really more drivability mods than power mods. I really thinking about some axels, the wheel hop on the snow and ice is annoying. My car is an 05 red with the tan interior. I pretty much drive it year round so long as its warmer than -40 and I also avoid driving it when they put down a shit load of gravel. I have two sets of rims and tires and the car really does pretty well with our winter road conditions.

Pearsonmx6
03-10-13, 08:11 PM
Well my buddy just bought a 2013 camaro 2SS so now I have a real goal..... don't let him pass me!!!!

repenttokyo
03-10-13, 09:58 PM
I was in North Pole, Alaska about a month ago. I also drove the ice roads on the Dalton. You will love your V!

V user
03-26-13, 10:39 AM
It says oympic peninsula where abouts on the olympic peninsula V user?.
I also live in P.A. I might have seen you the other day on Marine drive?

izcain
03-26-13, 11:22 AM
Haha yep small world!

Was that the car I saw advertised in tacoma?

V user
03-27-13, 10:23 PM
Haha yep small world!

Was that the car I saw advertised in tacoma?
It was! Yeah I am home until Monday looks like great weather for the weekend too!