: Drive shafts!?!?

theguy_timaarts
03-02-13, 05:42 PM
hey guys i have an 04 V thats making some whining or howling noise. it sounds like its coming from under the center consul or armrest.. anyway ive been led to believe its the drive shaft and cadillac being cadillac wants 800 for a new one because you cant buy replacement parts. well i figured id buy an upgraded dl since this one went bad when the car only had 60k miles on it.. does anyone know good aftermarket drive shafts out there for an 04 V?

05txctsv
03-02-13, 06:30 PM
today i just drove from san antonio to houston to pick up a used drive shaft for my 05. seems someone replaced the rear diff on mine (previous owner) and damaged the drive shaft by loosing the rear seal and retainer from the back of the shaft.there was grease all over the tunner. my car only has 45k on it and i purchased a used one for $200 from a front end damaged 28k mile car.

darkman
03-02-13, 07:12 PM
GForce1320 has three driveshafts with pricing comparable to OEM. Two are single piece, with diameters of 3.5 inches and 4.0 inches respectively. These have maximum speeds on the V of about 130 mph and 149 mph, respectively. Finally, they have a two-piece with maximum speed similar to stock.