: Trunk opening on its own

Its an ATS
03-02-13, 01:55 PM
I have an appointment set up to take care of a lot of electronic gremlins Monday morning. Memory seats, phone disconnecting, pandora freezing, back up cam stay on, cue freezing, back up sensors locking the car from moving, stumble at idle, knocking in hvac, and the trunk opening by itself. The trunk has me concerned the most. 5 times now I've come out to my car in a parking lot and the trunk is wide open... Just curious if anyone else is having this issue?

Macvicar24
03-02-13, 02:12 PM
Yep. Mine did this. I swore I did not push the button.

goesquik
03-02-13, 09:19 PM
Happened twice to me so far, maybe the fob is extra sensitive. Good thing there's no pass through in the back seat :)

Its an ATS
03-02-13, 11:40 PM
No pass through, but I do keep things in there...

Yplus
03-04-13, 08:46 AM
It's happened twice to me. I started putting my fob in my jacket pocket instead of my pants and it hasn't done it since, so I assumed it was me.

Its an ATS
03-04-13, 10:37 AM
It's happened twice to me. I started putting my fob in my jacket pocket instead of my pants and it hasn't done it since, so I assumed it was me.

I though it was the same, so I started keeping the fob in my jacket pocket as well. It happened still.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-04-13, 10:57 AM
Its an ATS, I hope you'll keep us posted on the outcome of your dealer trip today! If you would like Customer Service to step in at any point to follow up with your dealer, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can explore your next steps with you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Its an ATS
03-04-13, 01:31 PM
Its an ATS, I hope you'll keep us posted on the outcome of your dealer trip today! If you would like Customer Service to step in at any point to follow up with your dealer, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can explore your next steps with you.

Best,

Katie

Thanks Katie.

JoshuaDav
03-04-13, 01:35 PM
I've had this happen to me 3-4 times and I swear I never touched the button but it's been a couple of weeks since the last incident. Luckily I haven't kept anything really important inside.

AdamVIP
03-04-13, 03:18 PM
Wow I thought I was just crazy on the trunk opening itself. I've had that happen a few times now.

Cisitalia
03-07-13, 12:14 PM
Same here, happened a few times. Usually its when in my back pants pocket and I think I accidentaly triggered it. Has not happened in along time, but I keep it in jacket pockets typically.

swinder
03-07-13, 01:39 PM
I've gotten this a couple times too, though I only notice when I start the car and it pops up the alert. I'm almost certain this is due to accidental button pushes in my pocket--it doesn't happen when I position the key fob "just so". Even so, it would be nice to have a longer delay on the button so that it's harder to accidentally press.

Rongotti
03-08-13, 12:39 AM
Wowww this just happened to me twice today :-(

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-08-13, 03:04 PM
Rongotti, I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar frustration. If you ever need assistance working with your dealer towards a resolution, please let us know! My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like further assistance.

Best,

Katie

JSATS
03-10-13, 12:20 PM
This happened to me also. I found that if I put my fob in a pocket with other things that the button is very easy to press. It happened when I put the fob in my pocket with my money clip. Now I keep the fob away from objects in my pocket and it never happens anymore. The reason I figure its me is my wife is the one who drives the car most of the time and she keeps here fob protected in her purse. It has never happened to her but it has happened a few times to me.

benatgeo
10-25-13, 05:19 PM
I have this problem pretty regularly on my ATS. Wouldn't be much of an issue if it just unlocked, but popping it open telegraphs it all passers by. Big button and long signal range are the culprits for me, I suspect. Seems to happen more often with certain pants...

Are there any customization options here to save me? I saw mention that Buick offered an option to do a double click rather than a single. Could the trunk remote be disabled altogether?

TY

Six-String
06-11-14, 12:52 PM
It's a poorly designed key fob. It's too large, and it should have a double-tap feature to keep the trunk from opening whenever something else in your pocket brushes against the fob. Twice today coworkers (two different occasions) walked past and said "you know your trunk's open". Argh!

SLA
06-11-14, 02:14 PM
There's a fob reprogram available that changes the trunk open command from a quick tap of the button to press and hold for two seconds. There's more info about it in another thread on here.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-14, 07:11 PM
It's a poorly designed key fob. It's too large, and it should have a double-tap feature to keep the trunk from opening whenever something else in your pocket brushes against the fob. Twice today coworkers (two different occasions) walked past and said "you know your trunk's open". Argh!

Hi Six-String,

I can understand how the trunk on your ATS popping open would be frustrating and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. If you would like to take your ATS to the dealership to have this concern looked at, please PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, and I would be happy to contact them on your behalf.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

ontogenesis
06-12-14, 09:36 AM
I got my bcm reprogrammed to eliminate this issue. I have to hold for two seconds, but I'm very happy with not coming back to the parking lot and finding my trunk open.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-12-14, 01:28 PM
I got my bcm reprogrammed to eliminate this issue. I have to hold for two seconds, but I'm very happy with not coming back to the parking lot and finding my trunk open.
Hello ontogenesis,

I am glad to hear that the reprogramming of your key fob has addressed your concern and that you haven’t experienced walking out to the parking lot to find your trunk open. Thanks for posting your experiencing with reprogramming, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via private message if you have any future questions.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care