: Cadillac Service Departments and Tuners in the DC Area?

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-02-13, 01:47 PM
I have an '11 Vagon and am looking for a couple of recommendations. One, I would like to know what Cadillac dealer(s) in the DC area has a service department that you find very reputable, does consistently good quality work, and is reasonably priced (well, reasonable relative to the DC area). Two, how about tuners in the DC area? I'm not quite ready to get modifications done yet, just perhaps an exhaust and intakes. Thanks.

thebigjimsho
03-02-13, 06:12 PM
Lindsay Cadillac is quite reputable. I've driven my Vs from MA there for big ticket items. They used to have a World Class mechanic who posted here all the time named ewill.

He was an amazing mechanic but unfortunately has moved on to other things...

rjoffe
03-02-13, 08:18 PM
2nd recommendation for Lindsay.

OldRoadDawg
03-02-13, 08:44 PM
3rd recommendation for Lindsay

DCV
03-02-13, 09:44 PM
Behe is a tuner in the DC area. He knows Luke at Lindsey and goes to V day at Summit Point. I hope they have it this year.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-03-13, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like the unanimous choice is Lindsey. Capitol Cadillac in Greenbelt is actually closest to me. And someone posted on here before about great service they received from a Cadillac dealership in Chantilly. In that instance, the OP said the dealer replaced his steering wheel and shifter, because the Alcantara type material had worn down. My Vagon only has 10,000 miles, and it seems the material has worn down, too. I'd like to see a newer model to compare what it should look and feel like.

DMM
03-04-13, 10:54 PM
Behe is a tuner in the DC area. He knows Luke at Lindsey and goes to V day at Summit Point. I hope they have it this year.

John B. is very well known throughout the tuning industry as a complete hack, especially locally here in the MD, VA, DC area since most of his "work" shows up at other tuners after installing a second motor.

He got me for $500, so I'm not talking out of my a$$. I posted the tune that I paid for so you can see the work that he charges for. The quick and dirty...stock VE tables, stock MAF tables, raped PE (power enrichment) tables, ridiculously high ignition advance, setting every O2 sensor diagnostic trouble code to "No Error Reported", changing the 02 sensor balance point so it always runs rich, and a few more priceless "tricks" of his.

Before anyone cries about what I have just said, have your tune checked independently and then post it. I did.

Three of the best tuners in the country are in the DC area:
- RPM in Delaware (Fran)
- Ed Hutchings (Edmcat1) in VA Beach
- Tuned by Frost in Richmond (Steve Williams)

There are a few others that are excellent choices and can provide mail order assistance:
- Wait4Me (Jesse)
- Livernois Motorsports
- Slowhawk

I believe Wait4Me and RPM are both sponsors here, both provide amazing service.

I used to be a GM Tech and Capital has a horrible reputation. There are two long time techs that have the freedom to run the shop as their own, which means they run off anyone decent by starving them out. The only Tech's left in the shop are mediocre transient's that don't have the experience or CSI ratings to get a job elsewhere. I say this as I am close friends with a former service manager and a current service writer is my ex's uncle. Stay away from Capital.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-06-13, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the information and recommendation, DMM.

----------

We can set you up with the mods at great prices

Do you just offer parts for sale, or are you a tuner? As in the original post, I'm looking for reputable tuners located within the DC area. Thanks.

Titaniumseeker
03-06-13, 09:15 PM
Capitol is closer to me also but I purchased and serviced my car at Lindsay. Great service. Rkt performance in Frederick is an excellent shop for mods and tune and has excellent customer service.