: Cadillac Service Department & Performance Tuner Recommendations for DC Area?

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-02-13, 12:29 PM
I have an '11 Vagon and am looking for a couple of recommendations. One, I would like to know what Cadillac dealer(s) in the DC area has a service department that you find very reputable, does consistently good quality work, and is reasonably priced. Two, how about tuners in the DC area? I'm not quite ready to get modifications done yet, just perhaps an exhaust and intakes. Thanks.

RippyPartsDept
03-02-13, 01:33 PM
Lindsay Cadillac in Alexandria has the best reputation from what I can glean

not sure about tuners

i bet you'll get better response posting in the CTS-V forum
even though this kind of post truly does belong here these regional forums seem to be off the beaten path

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-02-13, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the tip. I also heard a great testamonial about the Cadillac dealership in Chantilly. Both are worth checking out.

soulsea
03-10-13, 04:56 PM
Lindsey Cadillac service techs and their service manager are a bunch of incompetent nincompoops. It took them ten days, two CCND attempts, and three misdiagnoses, and they still couldn't figure out a simple noise coming from my engine bay. Took it to Jim Coleman in Bethesda and they figured out it was a fubared water/cooling pump and I had my truck out of there the next day. JC may not have spend the money to wood panel their service area like Lindsay, but apparently they used that money to train their mechanics. 2 cents from experience.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-11-13, 08:58 AM
Lindsey Cadillac service techs and their service manager are a bunch of incompetent nincompoops. It took them ten days, two CCND attempts, and three misdiagnoses, and they still couldn't figure out a simple noise coming from my engine bay. Took it to Jim Coleman in Bethesda and they figured out it was a fubared water/cooling pump and I had my truck out of there the next day. JC may not have spend the money to wood panel their service area like Lindsay, but apparently they used that money to train their mechanics. 2 cents from experience.

Interesting comment. That's actually the first negative opinion I've heard about Lindsey. So far, the majority of people I've heard from, both on the board and friends/co-workers, have recommended Lindsey and Fox Chevrolet in Laurel to work on my CTS-V.

soulsea
03-11-13, 07:09 PM
Well, I'm on my fourth GM full size SUV. I serviced my 09 Tahoe Hybrid and 10 Yukon Denali at Ourisman Chevy/GMC in Alexandria and Koons Chevy/GMC in Tysons Corner, both were okay but not great, but good enough. When I purchased my 11 Escalade, I too read all the reviews so as to choose the most qualified dealer in the area, and so I headed to Lindsey. What ensued was pretty much the worse service experience I've ever had. Full of incompetence, lack of courtesy, and flat out lying. It seems their worse customer is an informed one who dares question their diagnosis of 'this sound is completely normal.' I had to go there myself and make them pull two other Escalades to prove to them that it wasn't normal. This is after they had already changed an unrelated and unneeded part and handed me the keys telling me it was fixed.

Ugh, it stresses me out just recounting part of that nightmare, and I'm only sharing bits of it because on the whole it was a lot worse. It's all documented through my service records and my communications with Lindsay's service manager and this forum's customer service agent Katie. Anyway, to make a very long story slightly shorter, after ten days and no end in sight, I pulled my truck from Lindsay and took it to Jim Coleman, where service rep. Shannon had my truck diagnosed and fixed within 36hrs.

It's really astounding that a dealer the size of Lindsay fumbles around with a vehicle for almost two weeks, replaces the wrong parts, tries to CCND, tries to say something is normal that isn't, and in all that time cannot find an issue much less remedy it. And to top it all off, in a final show of catastrophic lack of professionalism, when I finally extracted my vehicle from that fail factory, the beige leather was full of grease stains.

I'm sure other folks might have had a more pleasant experience there, but this is mine. I'm guessing that if something is in their knowledge bank there isn't much to worry about, but god help you if you have an issue they haven't heard of before, cause then it's amateur hour. So for whatever it is worth, my recently purchased 12 escalade gets serviced at Jim Coleman.

CTS-V Dragon Wagon
03-12-13, 08:31 AM
Can anyone provide any first hand experiences with the Service Department at Fox Chevrolet in Laurel?