: Dyno Shootout tonight 08 Mbz E63 AMG ~VS~ 2010 CTS-V Sedan

WINspeed
03-02-13, 03:32 AM
My V put down 457hp first run and 458 second, Bone stock, 91 Octane. I'll post the sheet in the next couple of days

We also dynoed a buddy's 2008 Mbz E63 AMG. Its been tuned and has exhaust/intake work 96 Octane tune. After several runs and tune changes his best was 415.

After the Dyno runs we lined them up from a 60mph roll. The V absolutely annihilated the Nazi car. From 60 to 120 I had him by at least 5 lengths. It was a brutal beating, we both expected them to be a little closer.

I have an Airaid CIA and a cat back Magnaflow exhaust to try next. After that will be the pulley and a tune etc.. I'lll post the results as I change parts.

stl_ls1gto
03-02-13, 05:05 AM
Nice, just buy one from a dealer, or if you are ultra paranoid, have a buddy buy it under his name/address so they can't link your name to the purchase of another ecu if you have problems with the car in the future.

WINspeed
03-02-13, 12:42 PM
Will do, thanks!

RippyPartsDept
03-02-13, 01:10 PM
there are ways that GM can tell you've swapped the ECM ... other modules keep track

its actually probably less ethical to swap the module out than it is to just not mention that you're tuned if you bring it in for warranty work

depends on the dealer but many don't even check for a tune unless it's a big expensive repair (or GM asks them to - which usually only happens on big expensive repairs)

... supposedly Wait4Me has a tune that is totally hidden from anything GM can check

Luna.
03-02-13, 04:23 PM
If anyone has an ECU for a 2010, I'm looking to buy one. I need to keep the stock one un-tuned for warranty purposes. I have an Airaid CIA and a cat back Magnaflow exhaust to try next. After that will be the pulley and a tune etc.. I'lll post the results as I change parts.

Peace out!

:duh:

WINspeed
03-03-13, 01:50 AM
Thanks for the info

Luna.
03-03-13, 02:23 AM
I've read several of your posts Luna, Feel free to keep your negative comments off any and all of my threads. :thumbsup:

Umm, no. You post, especially about doing unethical things, you're fair game. If you had been here longer than a few weeks, you'd know there are many on this forum who don't look favorably about doing things like this. People that either have connections to GM or flat-out work for GM often frequent these boards, and posts like these, which are far too common in my mind, just blow my mind. It simply goes to fuel more and more skepticism about repair work, legitimate or not.

Think I'm being an alarmist? I've heard it directly from certain service writers that various GM area reps often defend their (unreasonable?) actions using arguments that they (GM) are out to get screwed...

And you wonder why....

It's like insurance companies defending their B.S. denials using similar logic.

Here's an idea--if you insist on being unethical, why not just send a PM? Granted, you need to accumulate posts, but that's a minor hurdle.

WINspeed
03-03-13, 02:53 AM
I totally understand your point, and edited my portion of the thread which contains said propaganda. If you care to keep like questions off the forum, feel free to do the same. Ethics sometimes get overlooked when dealing with entities, such as most dealerships, that have none themselves. Point taken, I'll do my best to keep it clean.:highfive:

baabootoo
03-03-13, 12:11 PM
I'd hate to try this with the new twin-turbo E63! See the video where the wagon CRUSHED our wagon with all that extra torque?

WINspeed
03-03-13, 12:55 PM
Where is that video? I did find a track video where the BiTurbo ran low 11's @ 128 mph and they said it was tuned, no other mods. That is a fast car!

baabootoo
03-04-13, 03:43 PM
Where is that video? I did find a track video where the BiTurbo ran low 11's @ 128 mph and they said it was tuned, no other mods. That is a fast car!

I thought it was You Tube. Yes, CTS-V wagon vs. E63 wagon did it.

WINspeed
03-04-13, 04:40 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks!

WINspeed
03-05-13, 04:19 AM
I'd hate to try this with the new twin-turbo E63! See the video where the wagon CRUSHED our wagon with all that extra torque?

I found the video, The issue here is that they raced an Automatic E63 against a manual CTS-V. The other fail was the guy in the CTS-V turned off the TC and spun the tires hard. It was won at the holeshot. Not an Apples to Apples run by any means. The outcome may or may not be different but it would sure be a hell of a lot closer.

mannyz
03-05-13, 06:21 AM
^^ An auto V wagon would have won that race we all know this. Would have actually put a beatdown in my opinion.