: New CUE Update

paul780
03-01-13, 11:40 PM
I just received the new CUE update that came out and it does seem a bit more responsive than before (although this could just be in my head). I personally had not been experiencing issues with my CUE system so I can't say it resolved any issues, yet I am sure there were many changes in the program that I don't see. Most obvious though is the icons for Climate Control and Navigation are different. You can see the different Climate Control icon in attached image. The new Navigation icon shows up when you have the small icons across the top.

One of the things I really liked about CUE was it's capability to have software updates so your not stuck with the same software over the life of the car. Look forward to seeing how CUE progresses and when more apps become available.

Oh, and for the inconvenience it is for bringing your car in, Cadillac is giving a loaner car for the day, a full tank of gas in your car, wash and vacuum, and $50 Visa gift card. :thumbsup:

Pete7874
03-03-13, 12:28 PM
So, does Cadillac not bother to publish a list of "release notes" for this update to give to the customers? If not, how do we really know what they've added/fixed? Or do they consider it too much of a "shame" issue to have to admit that some things were broken and are fixed now?

bungee91
03-03-13, 01:08 PM
So, does Cadillac not bother to publish a list of "release notes" for this update to give to the customers? If not, how do we really know what they've added/fixed? Or do they consider it too much of a "shame" issue to have to admit that some things were broken and are fixed now?
I'd think because it's mainly closed source (yes some of it isn't being that it's Linux based) that they wouldn't have to disclose the fixes. However thinking of the example of Windows, most all updates explain what is being changed/fixed. I'd like to see a change log also, but I'm doubtful we will.

bdwalters
03-03-13, 09:54 PM
I heard somewhere that there were over 1000 fixes in this release. If so, those would be some pretty long release notes.

Pete7874
03-03-13, 10:55 PM
With over 1000 fixes, that's even more reason to let the customers know what they were.

katz
03-05-13, 05:37 PM
Paul 780,
I just took mine in today for the CUE update, they're actually replacing the entire center console faceplate and display - good bec I had issues with the response of the buttons too.

I noticed in your image though that the NAV indicator logo is different than the ATS loaner I have, the one I have today is showing the NAv button with the 1 letter heading indication inside such as W or S, etc.
Wonder if there's an update after the version you rec'd?

isakhanyan
03-05-13, 09:28 PM
To get my CUE up to date do I just make an appointment with my dealer?

paul780
03-05-13, 10:01 PM
Paul 780,
I just took mine in today for the CUE update, they're actually replacing the entire center console faceplate and display - good bec I had issues with the response of the buttons too.

I noticed in your image though that the NAV indicator logo is different than the ATS loaner I have, the one I have today is showing the NAv button with the 1 letter heading indication inside such as W or S, etc.
Wonder if there's an update after the version you rec'd?

I do see that new navigation icon as well, but it only looks that way for me when all the icons are listed along the top of the display, like when you are in a selected app such as XM audio. When I am looking at just the home screen the navigation icon does not have the compas letter showing.

If there is a newer version of the software than what I got I'd be surprised just because I was told the dealership just received this new version the day I was getting it.

----------

To get my CUE up to date do I just make an appointment with my dealer?

The dealership will contact you because this update is mandatory. However that may take awhile so you can be proactive and call them to set up an appointment.

isakhanyan
03-05-13, 11:54 PM
I do see that new navigation icon as well, but it only looks that way for me when all the icons are listed along the top of the display, like when you are in a selected app such as XM audio. When I am looking at just the home screen the navigation icon does not have the compas letter showing.

If there is a newer version of the software than what I got I'd be surprised just because I was told the dealership just received this new version the day I was getting it.

----------

The dealership will contact you because this update is mandatory. However that may take awhile so you can be proactive and call them to set up an appointment.

Thanks

Kalibr
03-06-13, 05:15 PM
I received a notice in the mail last week regarding the CUE update and dropped off my car this morning. Assuming it entailed a simple firmware upgrade, I figured it would be ready in a few hours. However, they provided me with a loaner and explained that it could take several days since they have to order and replace the CUE hardware. Apparently certain cars require a system swap, not just a software upgrade.

mikesul
03-06-13, 06:06 PM
Very interesting! Wonder what will happen with mine when I bring it in.

sebas042886
03-06-13, 06:07 PM
I dropped my ATS on Saturday, and they ordered the part on Monday. Needed to do some checking for something to do with the turbo exhaust, as well as the memory seat, and i told them to look at the trembling while at idle. It's not bad, but one time it almost turned off the car so better to be safe than sorry.

They're swapping out the entire console for what they're doing to CUE, so its taking until the end of the week to have the car ready. It better be a hell of a difference for them to have to switch out the entire hardware of the system in a car that was just released last year.

RippyPartsDept
03-06-13, 06:15 PM
the version at the factory is probably changing every so often but the version that the dealers got for the update was probably a month old by the time they got it since it had to go through distribution to dealers (we got fancy usb sticks with CUE and CUe+nav logos on them)

by the time that the dealers got their CUE updates a new factory version had probably been released

or your factory version could be an older one before the service/dealer update was distributed

paul780
03-06-13, 08:55 PM
So far, the best feature update I've noticed is that when using your phone to initiate a call the Bluetooth now automatically connects to the CUE system. Before you had to go into the phone icon and select "headset". It should have been this way from the get go considering my 2011 CTS has this ability, but good to see it was fixed in the software update.

JChen
03-06-13, 10:15 PM
Does CUE go back to the screen it was previously on before the call when the call ends or does it stay on the Phone menu page?

chadillacATS
03-07-13, 12:11 AM
I took my car in for a broken glove box, and the service manager said he went ahead and did the CUE update. My car was built in January, though, so the changes for me aren't nearly as drastic as for people who got their cars last year. It seems like it might be more responsive. But I haven't had much time with it since picking it up.

mikesul
03-07-13, 09:41 AM
I dropped my ATS on Saturday, and they ordered the part on Monday. Needed to do some checking for something to do with the turbo exhaust, as well as the memory seat, and i told them to look at the trembling while at idle. It's not bad, but one time it almost turned off the car so better to be safe than sorry.

They're swapping out the entire console for what they're doing to CUE, so its taking until the end of the week to have the car ready. It better be a hell of a difference for them to have to switch out the entire hardware of the system in a car that was just released last year.

What was your car's build date? Mine was 10/12.

Siren05
03-07-13, 09:56 AM
Picked up my ATS turbo 2 days ago with the update done. CUE IS SPOT ON.. I had Lexus system and I
Find the cadillac touch screen system far more connected to me. :) I can't compare to pre update.

Cheers.

T_Hawker
03-07-13, 10:44 AM
I can only hope this update fixes phone connection issues. I can't get my DROID to connect anymore without deleting and rebuilding the interface in CUE. Even then, I don't get the Phone Contact List posted in CUE. This is such a basic function in today's in car systems that I am concerned it is more than a simple SW upgrade, that I may in fact have a HW issue.

Siren05
03-07-13, 11:07 AM
I can only hope this update fixes phone connection issues. I can't get my DROID to connect anymore without deleting and rebuilding the interface in CUE. Even then, I don't get the Phone Contact List posted in CUE. This is such a basic function in today's in car systems that I am concerned it is more than a simple SW upgrade, that I may in fact have a HW issue.

Works great on my galaxyS.

bravnik
03-07-13, 11:11 AM
Do you get your contact lists on the Galaxy S3? I have a HTC DNA which I really love but I can't get the contact lists or recent logs to show. Hopefully they patch a fix for that at some point :(

I did my CUE update yesterday and the DNA still does not show the contacts.

bungee91
03-07-13, 11:26 AM
Do you get your contact lists on the Galaxy S3? I have a HTC DNA which I really love but I can't get the contact lists or recent logs to show. Hopefully they patch a fix for that at some point :(

I did my CUE update yesterday and the DNA still does not show the contacts.

Did you select "don't ask again" when you initially paired your phone and it asked for permission to access your contact list?.. It is essential that you did that if you didn't. If not, delete & re-pair and see if it's fixed.

bravnik
03-07-13, 11:30 AM
Did you select "don't ask again" when you initially paired your phone and it asked for permission to access your contact list?.. It is essential that you did that if you didn't. If not, delete & re-pair and see if it's fixed.

Hmm. Not sure. I will delete and retry tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Cisitalia
03-07-13, 01:01 PM
So far, the best feature update I've noticed is that when using your phone to initiate a call the Bluetooth now automatically connects to the CUE system. Before you had to go into the phone icon and select "headset". It should have been this way from the get go considering my 2011 CTS has this ability, but good to see it was fixed in the software update.
Mine automatically conects as soon as the car is started. I got my car the end of October and this feature works perfectly. Also downloaded all my phone contacts. Worked fine on iphone 4S and Android LG Optimus L9. So I don't understand why yours would not do it initially. The pickup connection is very sensitive. I can leave my phone in the house and if I go out to the car in the garage to turn on the CUE, it still auto connects my phone.

Does CUE go back to the screen it was previously on before the call when the call ends or does it stay on the Phone menu page?
Yes it reverts back to where ever you were.

Bigdogwes
03-08-13, 12:23 AM
i just received the new cue update that came out and it does seem a bit more responsive than before (although this could just be in my head). I personally had not been experiencing issues with my cue system so i can't say it resolved any issues, yet i am sure there were many changes in the program that i don't see. Most obvious though is the icons for climate control and navigation are different. You can see the different climate control icon in attached image. The new navigation icon shows up when you have the small icons across the top.

One of the things i really liked about cue was it's capability to have software updates so your not stuck with the same software over the life of the car. Look forward to seeing how cue progresses and when more apps become available.

Oh, and for the inconvenience it is for bringing your car in, cadillac is giving a loaner car for the day, a full tank of gas in your car, wash and vacuum, and $50 visa gift card. :thumbsup:

i go in tomorrow for my cue update>>>can"t wait

----------

I get the update on my XTS tomorrow. Can't wait. I've had problems with Cue since July 12. Had the center console replaced twice. Cue worked about 80% correct...its that last 20% that drove me crazy. Like not remembering what source and song was playing when you start the car up again. HUD does not switch back to original display after a new SD song is played. Advisor told me that I was the only customer that used sys to the limit....Drove me mad. I just want it to work as advertised.

bravnik
03-08-13, 11:18 AM
FYI - It works. I think the previous times after I hit pair on my phone I just closed it and didn't see that window. This AM I did it again, noticed the window and made sure the box was checked. Works like a champ now. Thanks man!

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-08-13, 02:19 PM
i go in tomorrow for my cue update>>>can"t wait

----------

I get the update on my XTS tomorrow. Can't wait. I've had problems with Cue since July 12. Had the center console replaced twice. Cue worked about 80% correct...its that last 20% that drove me crazy. Like not remembering what source and song was playing when you start the car up again. HUD does not switch back to original display after a new SD song is played. Advisor told me that I was the only customer that used sys to the limit....Drove me mad. I just want it to work as advertised.

I'm sorry you've been experiencing those frustrations up to this point, Bigdogwes! We look forward to your report once your vehicles have been to your dealer, and thank you for sharing your thoughts in the meantime.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

bungee91
03-08-13, 03:26 PM
FYI - It works. I think the previous times after I hit pair on my phone I just closed it and didn't see that window. This AM I did it again, noticed the window and made sure the box was checked. Works like a champ now. Thanks man!
No problem, it should be a sticky somewhere, as I'm sure you're not the only one who overlooked that!.. :thumbsup:

sebas042886
03-08-13, 04:21 PM
Can anyone who's had the update done give me the software number they have? I have a suspicion that the dealership didn't do the update to the CUE, i just want to confirm.

RippyPartsDept
03-08-13, 05:41 PM
check out this thread
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-user-experience-cue/283428-cue-improvement-s-problems-suggestions-march.html

Bigdogwes
03-13-13, 12:30 AM
After a two day delay, I finally got my CUE update. Took XTS in on Monday...They kept it overnight because the needed to replace a trim panel and it was fedex'ed in. Well on my 26 mile drive home I tried to put CUE thru the ringer. I am impressed. It is much more responsive and the voice has been reprogramed with manners. It says please make next right turn. Before it said make next right. Voice command response time is faster and it seems to have improved listening and understanding skills. It gets commands correct on first try as opposed to two or three before.

I have not figured out how to engage the new Apple SIRI Eyes Free feature and my service rep did not explain any of the things update fixed. To be fair I did not ask either as it was close to closing for him and the end of a long day for me.

I hope the performance I experienced on my drive home last permanently. Love my car but was so frustrated with CUE's performance.

Well I'm off to do some more testing of the update...will keep you posted.

Bigdogwes
03-13-13, 02:33 AM
Can anyone who's had the update done give me the software number they have? I have a suspicion that the dealership didn't do the update to the CUE, i just want to confirm.

Got update today...my software info in attached pic

----------

my software # is 23150273