: Suddenly...my CD player doesn't play CD's

sprink60
03-01-13, 08:33 PM
It powers up and I can insert and remove CD's but the CD button on the head unit has no function...other than a beep like the rest of the buttons have when pushed.

I tried removing the fuse...twice with no result.

Am I missing something?

the cadillac man
03-01-13, 08:57 PM
It powers up and I can insert and remove CD's but the CD button on the head unit has no function...other than a beep like the rest of the buttons have when pushed. Am I missing something?

Most likely the cd drive has failed
Here is a place that can fix it
Specmo enterprises
1200 E Avis Drive
Madison heights,mi 48071
They also have a website

sprink60
03-02-13, 02:24 PM
OK...how about this for weird...I took the NAV DVD out of it's slot and put a music CD in it's place. That worked great and I had all of my touch screen functions. I thought to my self that at least I can listen to CD's that way if I really want to. I took the music CD out of that slot and inserted the NAV DVD, After the NAV re-initialized I put the music CD back in the CD player in the console. Just for the hell of it I pushed the CD function button on the head uni and the touch screen functions for the CD player suddenly appeared. I pushed the play arrow and number one CD started playing. I then tried all of the other positions and everything works fine.

I don't know what I did or why it works now when it didn't before but I'm pleased that all is back to normal!!

the cadillac man
03-02-13, 02:37 PM
OK...how about this for weird...I took the NAV DVD out of it's slot and put a music CD in it's place. That worked great and I had all of my touch screen functions. I thought to my self that at least I can listen to CD's that way if I really want to. I took the music CD out of that slot and inserted the NAV DVD, After the NAV re-initialized I put the music CD back in the CD player in the console. Just for the hell of it I pushed the CD function button on the head uni and the touch screen functions for the CD player suddenly appeared. I pushed the play arrow and number one CD started playing. I then tried all of the other positions and everything works fine.

I don't know what I did or why it works now when it didn't before but I'm pleased that all is back to normal!!

It may have been a software glitch