: Antenna amplifier

CaddyEscalade
03-01-13, 02:15 PM
Has anyone tried an amplifier or booster of fine kind for the FM reception? I recently put an aftermarket HU and the FM reception sucks. Any suggestions? Thanks

wesyder
03-01-13, 02:21 PM
Has anyone tried an amplifier or booster of fine kind for the FM reception? I recently put an aftermarket HU and the FM reception sucks. Any suggestions? Thanks
Just fyi I've seen defective headunits do this, even on some the am was better than the fm

CaddyEscalade
03-01-13, 03:22 PM
Interesting, where is the antenna on a 2003 caddy, as on the 2005:2006 there is a normal black antenna on the passenger side hood cowl. Is it integrated with little rubber one for onstar on the roof?

the cadillac man
03-01-13, 04:39 PM
Interesting, where is the antenna on a 2003 caddy, as on the 2005:2006 there is a normal black antenna on the passenger side hood cowl. Is it integrated with little rubber one for onstar on the roof?

The only antenna I have seen for the radio on the escalade base and esv is in the rear side windows the amp is right above the right rear window along with a impedance matching module above the left rear window but you have to drop the headliner to access it
I suggest trying a different radio before I'd mess with the antenna
The only model I have seen that has a whip style antenna is the ext

Most times its the radio

dssrocks
03-03-13, 03:29 AM
The only antenna I have seen for the radio on the escalade base and esv is in the rear side windows the amp is right above the right rear window along with a impedance matching module above the left rear window but you have to drop the headliner to access it
I suggest trying a different radio before I'd mess with the antenna
The only model I have seen that has a whip style antenna is the ext

Most times its the radio

Yea you are right it was an EXT that I was looking at. This antenna system sucks on the regular escalades.

the cadillac man
03-03-13, 02:15 PM
Yea you are right it was an EXT that I was looking at. This antenna system sucks on the regular escalades.

No it don't I know as I can get stations better then a standard whip antenna(it just sucks to work on)
But most aftermarket radios don't work good with certain setups(my previous car had the antenna in the rear window worked great with the stock radio not so well with a aftermarket radio)