: 2009+ CTS-V Satin Graphite Wheel touch up paint

bonecrrusher
02-28-13, 05:24 PM
I know there where a few threads on here about this - here is my addition to this forum.

I know that I had found WA9428 paint code for the wheels - and one member had a can mixed up - but I did not see any results - they never updated there post.

After dealing with the hassle of trying to find touch up paint for the competition grey wheels on my C6 Z06 - I tried to find a bottle of touch up paint through autozone, napa, Summit Racing, Jegs, etc - I could not find one readily available.

Now the one thing that I did not go do is go to the local Cadillac dealership and try to order one.

After some searching online - I found a paint vendor through Amazon that had some mixed up ready to order.

I am in NO way affiliated with the retailer - I took a risk and ordered a bottle through them - its a bit expensive - but it sure beats dealing with body guys.

Today I used the paint - and it matched 100% after it finished drying. I did not put a clear coat on it as the bottle of clear coat that came with the bottle is gloss - and these wheels are semi-matte finish.

If the link below does not work - go to amazon and search for "WA9428 paint" - you should see it available a small jar with the brush inside it.

http://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Tahoe-Automotive-Touch-Up-Paint/dp/B00BCBE584/ref=sr_1_24?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1362089693&sr=1-24&keywords=WA9428+paint

I didn't take any pictures - I can if people want to see it, but I just wanted to share this information out there.

Thanks,
Craig

SeeTSV
03-01-13, 10:44 PM
Yeah some pics would be fantastic!

sunsalem
03-04-13, 01:28 AM
Why go to Amazon for wheel touch-up paint? My dealer scratched one of my wheels and gave me free paint and did the painting too....

the blur
05-12-13, 07:53 PM
WA9428 paint comes up as grey/silver. That can't possibly match our black wheels ......

BroMan
06-19-14, 01:37 PM
Has anyone out there other than the bonecrrusher tried this and have pictures to show?