: Question re: turn signal clicking

KevinOpp
02-28-13, 06:06 PM
Hello all-

It's been quite a while since I have posted on this forum. After all of these years I have finally been able to do a massive upgrade on the stereo system, while keeping the Bose nav/GPS/phone system at factory performance. It has not been easy, but for me the final results musicwise has been well worth it.

My question is regarding the turn signal sound. It's been several months now so I don't really remember how it sounded before, but I thought I remembered that turning left made the left speakers click, while turning right made the right speakers click (essentially I thought they were in "stereo"). Since my upgrade, the turn signal sound now only comes from the left front speaker and it's even pretty loud since I think the click itself is being amplified!

Is that how it always was, coming through the left speaker? Do I remember incorrectly that it used to come from the left and right side?

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-28-13, 07:13 PM
KevinOpp, I realize you're looking for owners input, but I wanted to let you know I'm happy to consult my more technical resources to see what signal information they may have available. Please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

TheCaptain
03-01-13, 11:17 PM
I believe it is only produced from the left side speaker. At least it is in mine, and other GM vehicles.
Now, it is sometimes supplemented by the A pillar speaker too (depending on vehicle trim/stereo level)

KevinOpp
03-02-13, 01:11 AM
thank cap’n!