: Maintenance To-do's

dsciola
02-28-13, 04:51 PM
A few wks back I took my 2005 Cadillac Escalade into the Chevy dealer to have it fixed. Afterwards, I figured Ide have the guy take a full look at the car and give me his 2 cents on
what might be needed for maintenance, replaced, etc.

After looking at it, he gave me a list of issues, cant guarantee I know 100% what each item means/is, still learning this stuff. I would love to get some feedback from the Caddy experts here on this list. List below in order of importance in the car guy's opinion...

IMPORTANCE# PART# DESCRIPTION PRICE
1 88964192 Rear Brake Pads 170
2 K6600 "Trans flush?" 30
3 22761722 RF Axle seal 31
4a K2901 "F/I Service?" 52
4b 15179498 Upper Red Hose 98
4c 22827735 Lower Red Hose 34
4d 12378560 "Etreen" Coolant? 26
4e 24117 Hose Clamps 34

*NOTE - I believe prices reflect total quantity, e.g total "Hose Clamps" replaced = 2, total cost = 34

Any items stands out as get fixed ASAP? Any, hopefully most, stand out as not really necessary and just the car guy trying to get more $$$? Again, my car is a 2005 Cadillac
Escalade, white, standard. It has about 120k miles on it. I love this car and want to maximize its life span as much as I can, within reason...Not a car expert, wish I was :) Figured
the expert Caddy girls and gals on this site could offer some insight and would also enjoy analyzing this.

Thanks again! Apologies if comes out weird, tryin to make viewable, not pc posting expert either

Dom

the cadillac man
02-28-13, 06:39 PM
A few wks back I took my 2005 Cadillac Escalade into the Chevy dealer to have it fixed. Afterwards, I figured Ide have the guy take a full look at the car and give me his 2 cents on
what might be needed for maintenance, replaced, etc.

After looking at it, he gave me a list of issues, cant guarantee I know 100% what each item means/is, still learning this stuff. I would love to get some feedback from the Caddy experts here on this list. List below in order of importance in the car guy's opinion...

IMPORTANCE# PART# DESCRIPTION PRICE
1 88964192 Rear Brake Pads 170
2 K6600 "Trans flush?" 30
3 22761722 RF Axle seal 31
4a K2901 "F/I Service?" 52
4b 15179498 Upper Red Hose 98
4c 22827735 Lower Red Hose 34
4d 12378560 "Etreen" Coolant? 26
4e 24117 Hose Clamps 34

*NOTE - I believe prices reflect total quantity, e.g total "Hose Clamps" replaced = 2, total cost = 34

Any items stands out as get fixed ASAP? Any, hopefully most, stand out as not really necessary and just the car guy trying to get more $$$? Again, my car is a 2005 Cadillac
Escalade, white, standard. It has about 120k miles on it. I love this car and want to maximize its life span as much as I can, within reason...Not a car expert, wish I was :) Figured
the expert Caddy girls and gals on this site could offer some insight and would also enjoy analyzing this.

Thanks again! Apologies if comes out weird, tryin to make viewable, not pc posting expert either

Dom

The rear brakes are a safety issue if you ask me

The trans flush depends on the color of the fluid
If its red and the tranny shifts smooth then no need for any servicing

The radiator hoses only need replacing if they are cracked or bulging or feel soft when you grip it

The axle seal should be replaced as it can cause premature axle failure

The coolent level or the condition of the antifreeze should be clear in either green or orange with no contamination or a change in the freezing and boiling points

Hose clamps are cheap and any parts place sells them and the only tool needed is a screwdriver

I hope this helps
The Cadillac man

dsciola
02-28-13, 08:07 PM
Great, thx. Ill try and investigate per ur guidance and see if anything looks odd, e.g. trans fluid = blue or wtvr

What do u think F/I service means? Mea culpa if no clue, cant really read his handwriting and the forum wont let me attach a pdf

bstrang6
02-28-13, 09:31 PM
Fuel Injection probably, Just run a thing of lucas oil fuel additive through it and call it quits there.

Check your Transmission fluid yourself. Under the hood there is a red dip stick, pull it out, and wipe the fluid on a white rag or paper towel, is it red, or dark dark maroon? Then next smell it, or if you dare, taste it, and see if it appears to be burnt. If it is, have the tranny flushed. .

the cadillac man
02-28-13, 10:37 PM
Fuel Injection probably, Just run a thing of lucas oil fuel additive through it and call it quits there.

Check your Transmission fluid yourself. Under the hood there is a red dip stick, pull it out, and wipe the fluid on a white rag or paper towel, is it red, or dark dark maroon? Then next smell it, or if you dare, taste it, and see if it appears to be burnt. If it is, have the tranny flushed. .

This is right but the real color of the trans fluid is close to humming bird food in color when new and should be clear

bstrang6
02-28-13, 11:03 PM
I love the analogies we come up with to try and explain things that we have come to know over the internet.... Humming Bird Food hadn't came to mind, but is SPOT on with new ATF lol ( automatic transmission fluid, original poster )