: Debadging, actually de-lettering

Hoosier Daddy
02-27-13, 04:38 PM
I like well designed emblems such as the wreath and crest, etc. but hate alphabet soup.

Unless there are alignment holes behind them that would have to be repaired I'd like to remove the "ATS" and any other lettering from my ATS when it arrives.

Can they just be peeled off (fishing line, glue remover, etc.)?

TIA

Cadillac Kid03
02-27-13, 06:06 PM
If there on with glue then get a heat gun and pry gently on them but be careful because you may take some paint off. Just take your time and not rush because its better to be slow and careful then fast and screw it up. Good luck.

-Not Wes

Hoosier Daddy
02-28-13, 02:29 PM
If there on with glue then get a heat gun and pry gently on them but be careful because you may take some paint off. Just take your time and not rush because its better to be slow and careful then fast and screw it up. Good luck. -Not Wes
Thanks. I found out they are just glued on.

-Also not Wes

Cadillac Kid03
03-02-13, 10:21 PM
Thanks. I found out they are just glued on.

-Also not WesCool just follow the steps!

-Not Wes

Ranger
03-02-13, 10:58 PM
I believe they all use double sided tape now. Drilling holes is old school and just promotes rust.

Be real careful with that heat on the paint. Fishing line used as a saw under it should work. Then clean up the glue with gas, Goo Gone, WD40 etc.

Cadillac Kid03
03-02-13, 11:22 PM
I believe they all use double sided tape now. Drilling holes is old school and just promotes rust.

Be real careful with that heat on the paint. Fishing line used as a saw under it should work. Then clean up the glue with gas, Goo Gone, WD40 etc.Well reason i said the heat gun is it takes most of the glue off if done right then the fishing line. Both are good ways.

-Not Wes