: Steering wheel left hand control lights burnt out, how to replace bulb ?

tonyova
02-27-13, 10:56 AM
Hi Guys

I have an 06 escalade my left side of my steering controls are burnt out, how do I
Change the bulb or is it something else on the steering wheel controls ?

Thanks
Tony

bstrang6
02-27-13, 11:05 AM
I have the same issue... Looking forward to any help as well.

djais1801
02-27-13, 01:17 PM
From what I understand… That you can pull out the switch replace the bulbs.. but they have to be soldered in… a quick fix iis to order new switches and plug back in

the cadillac man
02-27-13, 02:02 PM
From what I understand… That you can pull out the switch replace the bulbs.. but they have to be soldered in… a quick fix iis to order new switches and plug back in

True you can do it that way but its about the same amount of work to remove them either way

djais1801
02-27-13, 02:44 PM
True you can do it that way but its about the same amount of work to remove them either way
i have never worked with a soldering gun, so i prefer to spend $25 a switch and just plug/play rather than frustrate myself with a soldering gun..but that's just me...i know my limitations- furthermore as a father of 5 month old twins, i doubt my wife would allow the time to "tinker" in the garage at this point...lol

the cadillac man
02-27-13, 03:31 PM
i have never worked with a soldering gun, so i prefer to spend $25 a switch and just plug/play rather than frustrate myself with a soldering gun..but that's just me...i know my limitations- furthermore as a father of 5 month old twins, i doubt my wife would allow the time to "tinker" in the garage at this point...lol

I see your point I am good with a soldering iron but don't have time to change mine over to LEDs but the volume controls is wearing off so I guess I will replace them when needed and do the others while I am at it

tonyova
02-27-13, 05:11 PM
Good idea to replace the board and worn out controls will order the parts and replace it

Thanks gentlemen !

jnrsesv
02-27-13, 08:19 PM
This will help:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/280160-steering-wheel-control-switches-bulb-replacement.html