: Six Changer Disc Player

Otis.Thompson
02-27-13, 07:33 AM
Has anyone had issue with there 6 Disc Player. Early this morning, it just went out, no lights, no power, can't eject or anything. Is it a fuse or what?

the cadillac man
02-27-13, 10:35 AM
Has anyone had issue with there 6 Disc Player. Early this morning, it just went out, no lights, no power, can't eject or anything. Is it a fuse or what?

Check the info fuse in the under hood box
FYI this fuse power the cd changer, onstar and the rear seat entertainment system(if equipped)

Otis.Thompson
02-28-13, 09:56 PM
Thanks

bstrang6
02-28-13, 10:07 PM
They are known to crap out, from what I have gathered scouring the internet for information, if your's is bad email me at stayin100@rocketmail.com, you can have mine, just pay shipping. It won't be until I figure out how to fill the hole left in the dash by it, as it won't work with my aftermarket deck and entertainment system, so I really want to find a way to put in a storage cubby or pocket there. If you can find something to replace it with a pocket, let me know and we can work something out! Glad to help keep me posted

the cadillac man
02-28-13, 10:16 PM
They are known to crap out, from what I have gathered scouring the internet for information, if your's is bad email me at stayin100@rocketmail.com, you can have mine, just pay shipping. It won't be until I figure out how to fill the hole left in the dash by it, as it won't work with my aftermarket deck and entertainment system, so I really want to find a way to put in a storage cubby or pocket there. If you can find something to replace it with a pocket, let me know and we can work something out! Glad to help keep me posted

Go to a Chevy dealer and see if they can get the pocket that can fit there

bstrang6
02-28-13, 10:30 PM
If he can find one I'll gladly trade, I how ever, am doing no leg work lol, TOOOO damn cold up here haha. But serious OP if you can find me a nice pocket for that space, ship it to me with a return label and I'll ship you the changer. They go for around 100 bucks used on ebay..

the cadillac man
03-01-13, 01:22 AM
If he can find one I'll gladly trade, I how ever, am doing no leg work lol, TOOOO damn cold up here haha. But serious OP if you can find me a nice pocket for that space, ship it to me with a return label and I'll ship you the changer. They go for around 100 bucks used on ebay..

I know how you feel on the cold

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-01-13, 10:38 AM
Otis, have you been able to resolve your disc player frustrations? I hope you'll keep us updated when you get the chance!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

flyingdutchman
03-01-13, 12:22 PM
See this thread for an idea that works

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/282099-cd-player-slot.html

Otis.Thompson
03-10-13, 01:33 PM
No, I haven't, I've been conducting Military Training since I sent that thread. I have to train a few more, I still have a few weeks left. I will get you posted and Thanks for asking.