: I need a new TPMS sensor

bjv
02-26-13, 11:25 PM
One of my sensors is acting wonky. I'm getting close to replacing a couple of my tires and thought I would install a new TPMS sensor at the same time, so I need to buy a good one. And I need it within about a week.

Should I go to my local dealer? Should I order from Luke? Should I buy a generic from some place like rockauto? (they list 5 different models)

Naf
02-27-13, 02:58 AM
Buy it from luke, he gives the best prices and find yourself a great tire shop, install it and have them rebalance and rotate your tires

bjv
02-27-13, 11:28 AM
Buy it from luke, he gives the best prices and find yourself a great tire shop, install it and have them rebalance and rotate your tires

I have 2 new Continental DWS on the front, I'm replacing my old RSA's on the back with 2 more new DWS. One of the back wheels has the crazy sensor in it. I've written about it here before- the thing gives false readings several times a week. It used to frequently say it had 52psi and then a minute later it would drop down to 32. Or it would read --- for several minutes. But mostly what it will do is sound its little alarm, flash the dash indicator for a couple of minutes, then go back to where it was. I'm hoping that a new sensor will make it behave. None of the other wheels ever indicate anything but a reasonable pressure.

You guys will probably make fun of me but the RSA's on the back have 40k miles on them and still have a good amount of wear before they reach the wear bars.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-27-13, 03:23 PM
Bjv, please let me know if you decide to involve a dealership to help resolve your concerns. I'm happy to locate the dealer options in your area anytime, and I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service