: GMConnects problem

Hoosier Daddy
02-26-13, 03:56 PM
I hope I didn't break GMConnects.

I can't get the status for my order with either the latest IE or the latest Firefox (under Win7 or Win8) using multiple PCs with each browser. I'm thinking its either GMConnects is incompatible with the latest versions OR (more likely) the site counts on very loose security and doesn't fail gracefully when it doesn't get it.

Under either browser, I get bounced to the registration page when I ask for a status. On IE I also see a tiny boxed x like when a graphics isn't available. Firefox stopped doing that a few versions back so I think the problem is the same in both browsers. If I click on the boxed x I get a message that says:

Database Error

Query:
Notice: Undefined property: Database::$sql in /home/bantrack/public_html/inc/db.php on line 416

MySQL Error:
Access denied for user 'enif'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Date:
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 3:44:32 PM

Script:
/btl/97bb7d (http://bantrack.enifiy.com/btl/97bb7d)

Code:
Notice: Undefined variable: code in /home/bantrack/public_html/inc/db.php on line 422

Referer:
http://www.gmconnects.com/

I can't even get to the GMConnects forum to ask because that link bounces me back to registration with the exact same error.

And yes, I am registered under two email addresses with email confirmations for both registrations.

If Cadiilac Cust svc can't help, maybe someone else can or direct me to someone who can.

I originally thought the error may be due to me using a "Preliminary" order number but my dealer says that's not it because he registered at GMConnects and can enter my preliminary order number and get the status.

And what's up with order numbers that don't have a single number in them (mine is 6 letters)? [/cliche stand-up comedian bit]

clivusmul
02-27-13, 09:55 AM
I have a similar problem.

I either get "we are unable to find your file" or I get the cryptic message akin to the one you quoted.. Other times, their server seems to be totally unresponsive. Whatever the issue, I have had my customer order number for over a month and the gmconnects.com web tracking service has never recognized my order number. I know from calling Cadillac Customer service that my build is "stalled" at 3400 (Production Broadcast). My TPW was moved to this past Monday, Feb 26th. This is past Tuesday and from the other threads, the service is touted as being able to show something "real" after any Tuesday following the start of the TPW if the vehicle is at or past 3400.

Every forum thread about GM Connects states that at this point in the build cycle, the tracking service should at least acknowledge the veracity or existence of the order number; instead, I get 'file not found" if I get anything... The service is totally worthless from my experience at this time...

When I call Cadillac Customer service, they always want to start a new "customer complaint tracking thread" and all I want to see is production phase/movement and any change in TPW. I know have about 6 different 12 number custom thread IDS starting with "71-". This too is becoming tedious...

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-27-13, 12:08 PM
Hi Hoosier & clivusmul! While I unfortunately don't have access to the inner workings of GMConnects (perhaps the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of their homepage may help), I can always check my system for updates.

Clivusmul, I apologize for your frustration so far. My procedure also dictates I begin a service request (case) if I'm to investigate deeper into your order concerns. However, I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like me to check for order status updates during your Target Production Week.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Hoosier Daddy
02-27-13, 05:08 PM
Hi Hoosier & clivusmul! While I unfortunately don't have access to the inner workings of GMConnects (perhaps the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of their homepage may help), I can always check my system for updates.
Katie
Cadillac Customer Service
I'm going to email them.

For you both, this is almost certainly a browser compatibility issue with their site. My salesman has tried to use that site after I told him it didn't work for me. He can always get my status using the same order number I do. But I can NEVER get the status. The error message suggests that some process is being rejected either client or host side and I'm betting its because the browser is refusing to do something the transaction needs and the web site can't handle it. Since I only have the latest Firefox and IE, its likely some incompatibility the GMconnects hasn't fixed and may not even be aware of.

I'd be real interested to hear if ANYONE using IE 10 (Windows 8 only until this morning) has successfully used GNConnects to get a status. The problem isn't related to the status retreival part of the web site. As I said in the original post, I get the same error just clicking on the link to their forums.

Hoosier Daddy
03-01-13, 06:21 PM
While I unfortunately don't have access to the inner workings of GMConnects (perhaps the "Contact Us" option at the bottom of their homepage may help), I can always check my system for updates.
As I feared, the GMConnects contact email goes to some website admin's waste basket.

But GM pulled the plug weeks ago on the method GMConnects uses to track orders. It's well documented in forums and confirmed by your counterparts on other GM brand forums. Some of those counterparts seem to think asking them to check the status is all that's needed. Somehow many customers don't see it that way and are angry with GM for pulling the plug and angry with GMconnects for not saying so on their site. Both parties seem to think its okay to just let people find out by trial and error.

Merc88
04-23-13, 04:52 PM
I got this yesterday form Larry at GMCOnnects in response to a memo I sent on WTF:

Due to circumstances involving General Motors we are unable to provide updates at this time. Our data feed of information was terminated as it was there feeling that the tracking service they created internally was more than sufficient to meet the tracking needs of their customers. We have tried to communicate with several folks at GM requesting the feed to be restored but it has fallen on deaf ears.

Clearly our service was vastly more efficient and was designed with the customer and the emotions of waiting for a new car order to move thru production and its transit on its way home to you. We ourselves were customers that have gone thru this very same process. In addition, our service was created to enhance your relationship with your dealer. Nearly 2500 of the 4500 GM dealers in North America had customers that used our service. Many actually set their customers up in our system at the time of their order so that they would automatically be updated as production was occurring. They were also able to provide instant communication to their customers with important information such as service bulletins or special service offers not only during the production process but after your purchase making your entire ownership experience so much better.

The best thing you can do at this point is to of course contact your dealer and request updates from them manually or to contact Customer Service and make such a request over the phone. You might also mention to them that you had tried to use our service and ask that it be restored. We stand ready to resume at any time.

Many apologies from all of us here at GMConnects for the inconvenience.

Larry Miller
GMConnects
2CSolutionsllc