: Aluminum Radiator Sale Ending

alradco
02-26-13, 02:20 PM
Just in case some of you don't wander into the CTS-V Vendor classifieds section. We've been running a special for a few weeks that ends this Thursday.

Alradco aluminum radiators are on sale $50 OFF. Here's the thread.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/authorized-vendor-classifieds/281420-04-07-cts-v-aluminum-radiator.html

Just doing this because it never fails. A sale ends and a week or two later people are calling saying they didn't know there was a sale. Hope this helps anyone that's been on the fence prior to their stock radiator leaking.

Peter

D3l7a3ch0
02-26-13, 07:10 PM
sweet.

just ordered one, would be unwise to pass this up

I will be very happy if the install is as straightforward as it looks

thanks for the reminder!

alradco
02-27-13, 04:00 PM
Thank you! All open orders shipped today.

Peter

alradco
02-28-13, 07:02 PM
Last call. Sale ends tonight.

D3l7a3ch0
02-28-13, 08:12 PM
anyone planning motor upgrades to their V -ever- should jump on this sale, $50 off is a deeper discount than free shipping.

JDB
02-28-13, 08:59 PM
Just curious... do you know why the OEM rads fail? Mine did and was replaced under CPO warranty. I assume this one will fail at some point too... have you addressed the failure issue(s)?

OneFast V
02-28-13, 09:06 PM
Nust curious... do you know why the OEM rads fail? Mine did and was replaced under CPO warranty. I assume this one will fail at some point too... have you addressed the failure issue(s)?

Yes because the core is Al but the "tanks" are plastic. They are held together by means of crimping and a gasket. That seal almost always fails over time. Because you don't have that seal in the All Al radiators you don't have that associated failure mode.

alradco
03-01-13, 12:49 AM
Just curious... do you know why the OEM rads fail? Mine did and was replaced under CPO warranty. I assume this one will fail at some point too... have you addressed the failure issue(s)?

Yes as explained, the stock radiators fail becsue they use plastic end tanks. We addressed that by making an all aluminum radiator that is welded. See attached picture of leaking stock plastic radiator.

OneFast V, thank you.

D3l7a3ch0
03-01-13, 04:47 PM
holy **** mine just arrived via fedex.

I ordered this three days ago... in the evening!

nice foam cushion packaging, btw.

my god it's beauitiful... I should've ordered two--one to display on my wall

MichaelSuch
03-01-13, 05:26 PM
Uhhh I guess I missed the sale, that's what I get for logging on once a month.. Will these be going back on sale anytime soon??

253ctsv
03-01-13, 07:11 PM
Uhhh I guess I missed the sale, that's what I get for logging on once a month.. Will these be going back on sale anytime soon??

Hahaha. You're "that guy" they were talking about lol

tophat
03-01-13, 07:54 PM
I need a new one also, every time a sale comes up I never have the funds available, but come early spring sale or not I will spend the extra money to get a better quality radiator to replace my stock one. Got the Alradco site bookmarked and money saving for when I pull the trigger.

MichaelSuch
03-01-13, 08:29 PM
Hahaha. You're "that guy" they were talking about lol

I didn't even know about it till now! I guess I need to stay up to date here more..

alradco
03-01-13, 11:10 PM
Just call me this weekend, I'll take care of you.

Peter

D3l7a3ch0
03-01-13, 11:10 PM
good guy alradco

Late Apex
03-02-13, 12:17 AM
This deal still available? need to replace my radiator. LMK please! :)

D3l7a3ch0
03-02-13, 12:25 AM
Late Apex

apropos

Late Apex
03-02-13, 12:52 AM
I noticed that alradco is local to me (san jose area). Any chance I can pick one up @ the sale price as it would be stupid to ship it obviously. :)

Mn800r
03-02-13, 08:14 PM
What CAI's WON'T work with your radiator?

Andringa
03-04-13, 11:24 AM
Got my Alradco radiator last week, haven't had time to drop it in, but it looks great.

alradco
03-04-13, 06:41 PM
What CAI's WON'T work with your radiator?

I think every intake has worked so far but I can't say for sure. I think the most questionable was maybe a Volant (sp?) but it worked as well. What do you have?

Thank you everyone for the orders. Including those that were a little late to the party. I think we have everyone taken care of.

CTSV_Rob
03-04-13, 08:05 PM
It is like christmas, awesome product!

Thanks for your help and I look forward to meeting / working with you again.

alradco
03-05-13, 07:51 PM
It was nice to meet you Rob. Thank you for your business. We appreciate it.

Peter

mackey
03-05-13, 08:37 PM
savin my duckets if/when there's another sale.

a pick up/will call option would be great as i'm in the area(ish) as well (peninsula).

CTSV_Rob
03-05-13, 09:44 PM
It was nice to meet you Rob. Thank you for your business. We appreciate it.

Peter
you have probably been asked this a thousand times but what Antifreeze do you recommend?

----------

Thinking about using this:
http://www.stl-vettes.com/65vette/cooling/antifreeze.jpg

----------

Or maybe this:
http://www.amsoil.com/shopres/products/900px/ANT.jpg

alradco
03-05-13, 11:43 PM
I don't have a personal preference. Pretty much all of the new premium coolants seem to do a nice job. I think the Zerex is popular. I do like to use the RMI-25. I use it in all my cars and it seems to keep the cooling system in good shape. I haven't raced in a few years but since you're not supposed to have coolant on the track, the rmi-25 makes a good alternative. Obviously this is in areas that do not get to freezing temperatures.

alradco
03-06-13, 12:57 AM
savin my duckets if/when there's another sale.

a pick up/will call option would be great as i'm in the area(ish) as well (peninsula).

Just let me know when you're ready. :)

D3l7a3ch0
03-06-13, 02:29 AM
hey, is the sale over? i missed it, can you hook me up

CTSV_Rob
03-06-13, 12:13 PM
I don't have a personal preference. Pretty much all of the new premium coolants seem to do a nice job. I think the Zerex is popular. I do like to use the RMI-25. I use it in all my cars and it seems to keep the cooling system in good shape. I haven't raced in a few years but since you're not supposed to have coolant on the track, the rmi-25 makes a good alternative. Obviously this is in areas that do not get to freezing temperatures.
No freezing temps here, I will be looking into the RMI-25 and thank you for the reply.

alradco
03-06-13, 12:45 PM
hey, is the sale over? i missed it, can you hook me up

You need a second one?? :)

----------

No freezing temps here, I will be looking into the RMI-25 and thank you for the reply.

We stock it if you want to give it a try. You can read more about it at www.rmi25.com

Peter

CTSV_Rob
03-06-13, 07:49 PM
We stock it if you want to give it a try. You can read more about it at www.rmi25.com (http://www.rmi25.com)

Peter

Looks good.

Question - How much would it cost to ship it 2-day? If it's not too bad I would like to get some on order so I can change out the radiator this weekend.

alradco
03-06-13, 07:56 PM
Shipping will only take one day and is $7 using FedEx.

CTSV_Rob
03-06-13, 08:59 PM
I will be placing the order soon...

----------

I checked www.RMI25.com (http://www.RMI25.com) and to go straight I need to double the amount required or 16 ounces. I tried to order 2 bottles because you only have it in 8 ounce bottles but it would not let me put 2 bottles in the cart.

Are you down to one bottle or is there a shipping restriction?

alradco
03-07-13, 12:23 AM
We have them in stock. Must be something on the site. Give me a call in the morning and we'll get it taken care of the old fashioned way. :)

CTSV_Rob
03-07-13, 01:30 AM
Talk to you in the am :thumbsup: