: 05 ESV front AC/heater only blows sporadically...

Ivabgn
02-26-13, 12:26 PM
Brand new to this forum so I apologize if this has already been posted.
My 2005 Escalade ESV has issues with ONLY the front AC/heat blowing. It trickles out, but will work only when it feels like. The rear works just fine.
Any helps is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

the cadillac man
02-26-13, 06:21 PM
Brand new to this MB so I apologize if this has already been posted.
My 2005 Escalade ESV has issues with ONLY the front AC/heat blowing. It trickles out, but will work only when it feels like. The rear works just fine.
Any helps is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Are you talking about water under the truck when the ac is running if yes then that is normal
Also welcome to the forum

Ivabgn
02-26-13, 06:49 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The blower itself on the front AC/Heat only blows on occassion. The rear AC/Heat blows all the time as it should. I am curious as to if it is the front blower itself that needs to be replaced or if it is a relay. Thanks

the cadillac man
02-26-13, 07:53 PM
Sorry, I should have been more specific. The blower itself on the front AC/Heat only blows on occassion. The rear AC/Heat blows all the time as it should. I am curious as to if it is the front blower itself that needs to be replaced or if it is a relay. Thanks

Blower control module needs replacing in the front not the blower

Ivabgn
02-26-13, 08:51 PM
WOW thanks! What a great resource you are to have. Can you tell me where it's located and how difficult it is to change out? Thanks again!

the cadillac man
02-26-13, 09:36 PM
WOW thanks! What a great resource you are to have. Can you tell me where it's located and how difficult it is to change out? Thanks again!

Passenger side under the dash
Remove the kick panel(three screws)
And it is next to the blower(if not follow the wires from the blower) on the bottom far right

Ivabgn
02-26-13, 09:46 PM
Passenger side under the dash
Remove the kick panel(three screws)
And it is next to the blower(if not follow the wires from the blower) on the bottom far right

Thank you. You just saved me some money!

Brandi126
02-26-13, 10:10 PM
Welcome, I myself am new as well and have found quite a bit of information to be helpful. While you have an ESV, I have I guess just the standard model AWD.. I had this same problem (amongst others) for quite sometime until I finally today purchased a Blower Motor Resistor. I never figured out why it was doing it until I messed around with this part which is in the black casing underneath your glove box. When it wouldn't blow, moving the resistor made it come on. Fairly cheap part. Hope this helps!

Ivabgn
02-26-13, 11:23 PM
Welcome, I myself am new as well and have found quite a bit of information to be helpful. While you have an ESV, I have I guess just the standard model AWD.. I had this same problem (amongst others) for quite sometime until I finally today purchased a Blower Motor Resistor. I never figured out why it was doing it until I messed around with this part which is in the black casing underneath your glove box. When it wouldn't blow, moving the resistor made it come on. Fairly cheap part. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help. I'm going to try and find the part tomorrow and change it out. I just hope someone has it in stock.

Ivabgn
03-02-13, 03:11 AM
Thank you to everyone. Worked like a charm and only cost me $169 and 5 minutes of time.

the cadillac man
03-02-13, 11:17 AM
Thank you to everyone. Worked like a charm and only cost me $169 and 5 minutes of time.

Glad to help