: Cue presets

vinnyfe
02-26-13, 10:25 AM
Hi, does anybody know how to delete presets on cue. My xm ran out and I don't Want to renew it, but I can't get the stations I have saved off my presets. Any input would be appreciated.

danscrim
02-26-13, 10:46 AM
Hi, does anybody know how to delete presets on cue. My xm ran out and I don't Want to renew it, but I can't get the stations I have saved off my presets. Any input would be appreciated.

I believe if you go into Settings -> Radio -> Manage Favorites you can rename/delete them.

vinnyfe
02-27-13, 05:50 PM
Thanks a lot, I don't know how I missed that!

AtlantaGuy00
06-11-13, 03:27 AM
How doyou save a radio preset? I press and hold the "button". Nothing.

pissedoffwookiee
06-11-13, 05:20 AM

depends on whats on screen, the press and hold can save settings like tone, contacts, any kind of radio station, artist in stored media, and pandora radio station. if you get nothing its because you had a list viewing, in which case its waiting for you to select something on that list to assign. for instance instead of being in the radio app main screen you selected browse and now are looking at the scrollable list of stations, drag up or hit the up arrows to show presets... press one till the haptic buzz then scroll to the station you want and tap it (that's the hard way) the easy way is to select what you want and clear out all the fluff like menus settings etc, and when you looking at the simplest screen in the app (station, song, timeshift bar) as you reach for screen... scan forward, scan back, play/pause and presets will appear press and hold one and your done. this all types more complicated that it is.

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-11-13, 02:02 PM

Hello AtlantaGuy00,

I see another forum member was able to provide you insight on the situation. My advice is to make sure your pressing the right area, in the middle of the application setting, and holding it down long enough to hear the vibration. If this issue persists, please reach out to me and we can continue to work to try and resolve this concern.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Service

AtlantaGuy00
06-11-13, 02:15 PM
Thanks.... That's part of the whole frustration with CUE. It's not intuitive. This should be easy.

cadillacricket
06-27-13, 10:24 AM
Thanks.... That's part of the whole frustration with CUE. It's not intuitive. This should be easy.

Give us some insight as to how that process (storing presets) could be "more intuitive" than it already is?

dougbedell
01-09-14, 12:18 PM
You could make the presets available to be deleted or edited by double-tapping on the button image. Something like that would be more intuitive and easier to access, no? Just a thought. Overall, the system works very well and I'm enjoying the 2013 SRX experience.

don.davis
01-10-14, 04:04 PM
Or, like most operating systems, make a context menu available when you perform a long-push on something. Android, for example, after you take a picture. It's automatically saved to the photo gallery. When you later go to view the photo, you can long-press on a given photo and a menu pops up asking you what you'd like to do now. The choices are to share it (DropBox, Google Drive, email it, post to FB, etc.), or print it, run a slide show, move it or copy it somewhere, show details about the object, set as a default of some kind, etc. Photos are not applicable in a car scenario, but you get the picture. (heh-heh, geddit? "picture"?)

I think a lot could be done here. You could push and hold an open preset button, and CUE could prompt you for what you'd like to put there. A voice prompt could allow you to say "FM 103.3" or "SD Media Artist Beach Boys" or "Address 123 Main St., Fairfax Virginia" or "Phone Number 555-1212" or "Contact John Doe Office"... the list goes on.

All of that could be done either via a voice prompt or navigating to the screen to input it after you've triggered your desire with a long press on a preset button.