: 06 CTS-V Navigation/Radio + Steering Wheels Controls

schwarzesws6
02-25-13, 04:09 PM
Hello All,

I am having a problem with the steering wheel controls on my car. The navigation unit was replaced twice by the previous owner under warranty and I believe it may have been programmed wrong the last time, because my steering wheel controls don't work properly. The volume doesn't work and one of the buttons turns on the AC. the option to program them in the settings is also greyed out.

I have a buddy who works at a repair center that has access to a Tech2 and other tools, but wasn't able to figure it out. Anyone know how this is fixed. I thought I remember reading about it somewhere, but can't remember where I saw it

Thanks,
Jason

silentwig
02-25-13, 07:31 PM
The volume doesn't work and one of the buttons turns on the AC.
Thanks,
Jason
Sorry I wont be much help but I lmao at the button turning on AC. I haven't really looked too deep on radio issues, but only thing I briefly read about was tech programming or replacing with standard cts setup. Not sure if these have anything to do with your issues. Maybe someone with knowledge can elaborate.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-26-13, 11:54 AM
Hello All,

I am having a problem with the steering wheel controls on my car. The navigation unit was replaced twice by the previous owner under warranty and I believe it may have been programmed wrong the last time, because my steering wheel controls don't work properly. The volume doesn't work and one of the buttons turns on the AC. the option to program them in the settings is also greyed out.

I have a buddy who works at a repair center that has access to a Tech2 and other tools, but wasn't able to figure it out. Anyone know how this is fixed. I thought I remember reading about it somewhere, but can't remember where I saw it

Thanks,
Jason

schwarzesws6,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This appears to be an electrical issue, most likely due to the replacement of the navigation unit as you suspected. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an inspection and additional assistance. They will be able to provide more information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis (assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

schwarzesws6
02-26-13, 01:55 PM
schwarzesws6,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. This appears to be an electrical issue, most likely due to the replacement of the navigation unit as you suspected. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for an inspection and additional assistance. They will be able to provide more information after inspecting the vehicle.

If you need assistance locating a technician near you, please PM me your zip code for a listing.

Louis (assisting Katie)

It was replaced under warranty twice and still doesn't work properly. Is there anything that can be done or am I responsible for it?

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-26-13, 04:30 PM
It was replaced under warranty twice and still doesn't work properly. Is there anything that can be done or am I responsible for it?

Schwarz, we would be happy to look into this further for you! As Louis mentioned, we can best explore your next steps if you don't mind contacting us privately with the last eight of your VIN. I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie