: GM Survey after buying or service

arw1510
02-25-13, 09:09 AM
So I've gotten the survey in the mail from gm after I purchased my car and one after a service visit. But, one of the dealers I take the car to, always sends a letter home in the mail after the service visit saying to make sure I mark all the questions completely satisfied. Now within the industry I work for, there is also similar surveys that go out, but it is illegal to try and influence the persons response, such as this dealer is doing with the letters. I already called Cadillac customer service and they couldn't really give me a answer , just said they would document it and look into it. Anyone else know more on the subject? It doesn't feel good to get things in the mail that make you feel like they won't do their job properly if you give them a lower, but honest rating

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-25-13, 05:07 PM
Arw, I see you've already called in to our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center, so please let me know if you would like me to locate your case and documentation so far. I can search for your prior interactions with Customer Service, if you don't mind sending me the last eight of your VIN via private message through this forum.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Hoosier Daddy
02-26-13, 04:36 PM
So I've gotten the survey in the mail from gm after I purchased my car and one after a service visit. But, one of the dealers I take the car to, always sends a letter home in the mail after the service visit saying to make sure I mark all the questions completely satisfied. Now within the industry I work for, there is also similar surveys that go out, but it is illegal to try and influence the persons response, such as this dealer is doing with the letters. I already called Cadillac customer service and they couldn't really give me a answer , just said they would document it and look into it. Anyone else know more on the subject? It doesn't feel good to get things in the mail that make you feel like they won't do their job properly if you give them a lower, but honest rating
Can you post a copy so we can see the exact wording? That seems kind of stupid for them to think telling you what to say would work. I mean the whole "these droids aren't the ones you're looking for" bit only worked for Obi Wan because he had the force. Car dealers definitely do not. About as far as they should go is to ask you to call them before sending in the survey if you can't give them all "A"s so they had a chance to make things right.

Can the Cadillac Cust svc rep post whether the dealers are even told which customers said what?

arw1510
02-28-13, 09:23 AM
It says your mailbox is full Katie, but I can give you the reference number sometime tomorrow for when I called Cadillac customer service

dkozloski
02-28-13, 01:36 PM
I have gotten one of those letters after every service visit I ever had no matter how bad the service or how onerous the blunders. I just throw them and the questionaires in the garbage.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-28-13, 04:22 PM
It says your mailbox is full Katie, but I can give you the reference number sometime tomorrow for when I called Cadillac customer service

Thanks for alerting me, arw! I wasn't in the office until 2:30pm EST today, so I apologize for not being able to clean out my inbox sooner. I archived my old messages, so there should be plenty of space whenever you the opportunity to send me a private message.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service