: 08 Cadillac DTS wont start please help.

BostonElite
02-25-13, 04:21 AM
Hello and thank you for reading, I own a 2008 Cadillac DTS and I have been having some very annoying problems with the car. First it would barely start until one day it just stopped completely. I took it to a Mech and they told me it was the fuel pump so I had to have it replaced. 6 months later the same problem again, and again replaced the fuel pump. Currently Im having almost the same issue with the care and can tell what it is Im active duty military and dont have money to keep dumping into this car so can someone please help me figure out what is going wrong. Here's what is happening.

-When I turn the key the car cranks but doesnt always start. I have to try and start it 5-10 times before it actually starts and runs.
-Recently when turning the key and trying to turn it over it will start then immediately bogs down likes it not getting fuel.
I cant tell whats going wrong with it, not sure if its the btry and not getting enough power to turn over and the fuel pump not getting enough either.
I can't tell if its a fuze or relay that Im not thinking of.
I also can't tell if its the fuel pump which I have just replaced within the last 6 weeks.

Thank you for any help you may give.

Gomaz
02-25-13, 08:49 AM
I am having the same issue and also think it is the fuel pump. mine is a 09 DTS.

Superjim
02-25-13, 10:15 AM
Check the fuse/relay box under the back seat...
Pull the fuel pump relay and see if any of the contacts in the fuse/relay box are damaged...

Gomaz
02-25-13, 11:03 AM
ok thanks i'll try it

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-25-13, 05:14 PM
BostonElite & Gomaz, I hope you're finding Superjim's input helpful! If either of your decide to involve your dealer and would like assistance working with your dealer, please let me know. I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and happy to help where I can.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

BostonElite
02-25-13, 06:52 PM
Thank you I will give it a try, does anyone know if it could be the battery at all and the starter and fuel pump just aren't getting enough power to turn over and keep running? Thank you very much for all the help you may give.

Superjim
02-25-13, 07:02 PM
Thank you I will give it a try, does anyone know if it could be the battery at all and the starter and fuel pump just aren't getting enough power to turn over and keep running? Thank you very much for all the help you may give.

If it is turning over... it has enough juice to start...

mike5514
02-26-13, 09:59 AM
Just a WAG but it could be the VAT system! Does the theft light flash when trying to start?

You can try another key.

Check for codes and post them.

Also remove the hose on the fuel pressure regulator and make sure its not leaking.

A fuel pressure gauge will help. You might be able to rent one at a auto store and check for proper pressure in the parking lot. mike

MoistCabbage
02-26-13, 02:23 PM
It's not VATS if it's cranking.

BostonElite
02-27-13, 11:31 PM
SuperJim can you email me so I can tlak to you more about what's going on please. You seem to know and understand what's going on and Im lost as hell when it comes to this car. usmcscout240@yahoo.com thank you if you can.

Gomaz
02-28-13, 03:26 PM
So..I took car to dealer and was told that the water pump is covered under the powertrain warranty but it is not the fuel pump, its the relay. lucky it is just $152 CND to fix

MoistCabbage
02-28-13, 05:46 PM
SuperJim can you email me so I can tlak to you more about what's going on please. You seem to know and understand what's going on and Im lost as hell when it comes to this car. usmcscout240@yahoo.com thank you if you can.

The conversation should continue here, so that any information can benefit future readers of this thread.

Posting personal information on a public forum is NOT a good idea. You should edit your email out of your post.