: Rear spoiler

Bill Rubeck
02-24-13, 10:53 PM
Looking to put a rear spoiler/wing, (not a airplane or "stance nation) on my 2005 V...Suggestions? Been looking at Car ID...not sure about quality, price, etc... Opinions appreciated, but no need kick my ass...Thanks in advance.

Matt4949
02-28-13, 01:27 PM
I was always a fan of the stock spoiler that sits right on top of the third brake light.
I would look for an OEM one, rather than aftermarket unless you need to save a few bucks. But then you have to contend with the spoiler possibly not being accurate in dimensions.
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u459/Matt4949/041-1.jpg
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u459/Matt4949/040-1.jpg

manitzchris
03-01-13, 08:58 AM
i just got one off of ebay for 113$ shipped and painted

verywhitedevil
03-01-13, 09:23 AM
I have one for sale. 120 shipped. took off a couple years ago just to change things up. 104533

AAIIIC
03-01-13, 10:30 AM
... rather than aftermarket unless you need to save a few bucks. But then you have to contend with the spoiler possibly not being accurate in dimensions.
Have you come across any examples of that being a problem? Every post I've ever seen about the Ebay spoilers is that they fit just fine and look like the OEM spoiler.

I have one for sale. 120 shipped. took off a couple years ago just to change things up. 104533
What spoiler is that, and how does it look when it's not installed on a weight bench?

Matt4949
03-01-13, 10:57 AM
Have you come across any examples of that being a problem? Every post I've ever seen about the Ebay spoilers is that they fit just fine and look like the OEM spoiler.

I've seen a couple (not all) pics here on the forums where the Ebay versions didn't seem to sit up to the end of the taillights. As long as it centered it wouldn't be a problem or look bad...

I'm just a bit neurotic :rolleyes:

Bill Rubeck
03-03-13, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the input guys, been looking for a while. Price (within reason) isn't a problem. Been looking online for awhile, the weird thing is most of the websites use the exact same picture for "their" product. I'm in Hawaii, so dealing with people over here is there is never free shipping, and if problems arise, it's real hard to get things fixed. Gonna check the dealer route soon. Any feed back on Car ID?

aggierichie
03-12-13, 12:12 PM
IF you have this i would be interested in it. My V is an 04 and is silver. Do you have any pics of this on the car? I tried to PM you but I am new to the forum and I am not sure it went. HIt me up if you still have it and, if the paint will match, ill grab it off ya.

AAIIIC
03-12-13, 12:23 PM
I am new to the forum and don't know how to use the QUOTE function.
Fixed that for you.

fre1102
03-12-13, 12:53 PM
I've got the OEM spoiler. I didn't know until I joined this forum that you could get a V without the spoiler.

I like the OEM one.

Sooner-V
03-13-13, 08:06 PM

Did you
A) swap out with a different spoiler?
B) originally install with two-sided tape only?
C) change out the trunk lid?