: Weathertech Digital Floor Mat on drivers side does NOT fit.

dmiller78
02-24-13, 07:14 PM
Well I wish I had done a little more research before I purchased the Weathertech Floor Mat system for my new 2012 SRX. The passenger side fits perfectly. However the driver side carpet posts, (those little posts attached to the carpeting to hold the floor mats in place are not properly sized for Weathertech's Digital Floor Mat. It was extremely tough to get them snapped in place. But once I did, I could NOT get them out. I tried everything I could think of and finally popped one off only to realize that I had snaped the plastic bracket embedded in the Weathertech mat right off the mat itself and now the drivers side is worthless. I am asking the manufacturer to help me but so far I have not had any response. Do NOT buy these mats until they have corrected the design flaw. Better check directly with the Manufacturer, not a middle man. Great American made product. I just hope they back it up and make it right. I paid a lot of money for these mats. I want to say they will either refund my money or replace it with a corrected mat, but so far they have not done a thing. Better NOT buy the Weathertech product until you have seen the second half of my post in a couple weeks.

wwolfe68
02-24-13, 08:31 PM
ordered my set yesterday....guess we will see how they work in my 12' SRX. I ordered mine direct from Weathertec. I had these in both my Tahoes and switched them from vehicle to vehicle....they are great products.

witz5557
02-24-13, 10:54 PM
I just experienced the same problem with my digital inserts for my 2012 SRX and actually snapped the post underneath the carpet. When I tried to reinstall the mat after cleaning it, I actually broke off a small piece from the female part of the insert and now it cannot snap in place. I called Weathertech and explained the problem. They indicated that they were aware of problems with the insert properly fitting SRX's and would send me a replacement front set. They indicated that there was no fix for the problem yet but I would have the new mats in 5 days or sooner since it was still under warranty. Next time I remove the driver side insert for cleaning I will pry it off with a screwdriver to not snap the post. Hope they can come up with a solution for a better fit.

Likely
02-24-13, 11:33 PM
Do the weathertech mats that are available for the 2013 SRX fit correctly? The mats that i have in my 2010 will not fit the 2013, that i know for
sure. I tried them in a new 2013, on friday. The part number for the 2013 must be different than the 2012 as well. Keep us informed, as this could be an on going problem!!!!!

chadurban
02-25-13, 12:00 AM
Just ordered my set the other day for my 2012 SRX. I guess we'll see what happens when it gets here.

wwolfe68
02-28-13, 09:20 AM
Received my weathertec digifit mats for the front row and second row area of my 12 SRX yesterday. They are gray and match my carpet great. Fit was great and no issues. Such a nicer all weather mat than the heavy duty rubber ones that came from the factory as an option.

adamjeeps
02-28-13, 09:23 AM
Received my weathertec digifit mats for the front row and second row area of my 12 SRX yesterday. They are gray and match my carpet great. Fit was great and no issues. Such a nicer all weather mat than the heavy duty rubber ones that came from the factory as an option.

Did your driver side mat snap in well or did it take a hammer to get it locked in place?

Likely
02-28-13, 09:53 AM
wwolfe68.....

Glad to hear that the digital liners fit well. I guess weathertech has the problem solved now....Enjoy your ride!!!!

Likely

warnercc
02-28-13, 10:27 AM
I was just at the factory store in Bolingbrook on Monday and picked up a complete set for our '13 and everything fits perfectly. After I had purchased them, we were still in the store looking around and the gal that helped us came up and said that she wasn't sure if the posts were going to be correct and if I had problems, to give her a call and she would send out the correct set overnight. I installed them last night and everything fits perfectly so if I were you guys, I would call Weathertech directly and I am sure they will make it right. They seemed more than accommodating and if you get a chance you really need to visit the Factory store. It's a very nice place.

wwolfe68
02-28-13, 11:37 AM
no issue on the driver side...only had to apply minimal force to get them to snap/lock in. great product

JWLaRue
02-28-13, 06:56 PM
Can you share with us the model/order number for the front mats? Some of us have yet to hear back from WeatherTech......

-tnx,

Jeff

wwolfe68
02-28-13, 09:16 PM
P/n 463831 & 462782 in grey.

Cust po# 95430204

chadurban
03-02-13, 11:30 PM
Got my mats in for my 2012 and put them in today. Fit perfect, driver side snapped right in nice and easy.

Likely
03-03-13, 10:30 AM
Glad to hear that your mats fit perfect....Good to know that weathertech got them right....Enjoy your ride!!!!

dbair07
05-28-13, 06:23 PM
I have also had issues with the 2013 mats. Passenger side doesn't even snap into place it just sits on the post. Driver side snaps into place with A LOT of force. I needed pliers to remove them! I have ordered almost a dozen sets of these mats for various people and myself and this is the first time I have seen this. I also contacted Weathertech.ca and they stated they know of the issue and just to use some force when removing them.

cannon1017
06-22-13, 09:20 PM
I got Weathertech liners for my '12 SRX as a Christmas present. The driver's side mat never fit correctly. I wrote to them and they sent me both passenger and driver's side replacement liners. The new driver's side mat fits even worse than the first one. It doesn't snap into the posts and the sides are bowed and actually interfere with my foot near the accelerator. Anyone having better luck than me?

TheCaptain
06-23-13, 10:37 AM
I'm in the same boat as dbair07. I don't clip my mats down in the '13.
----------
Cannon1017
Please do not create duplicate threads of the same topic.

Ponyman
06-23-13, 10:53 AM
Got my drivers side clipped down. Now can't get it off. Acts like it will tear a hole in the carpet before it lets go. Guess I will get out my sharp knife and trim the hole a little to get it off. That said, I still don't think you can gt better protection for your carpets.

Likely
06-23-13, 03:27 PM
I have the weathertech digital floor mats in my 2013. They fit perfect.....I wouldn't be without them, easy to clean, sure saves the carpet down here in AZ. when the oil from the asphalt sticks to your shoes, sandals, flips flops, or what ever you are wearing. When it gets up to 115, 120 degrees.
Trust me I know!!!! I clean mine with "purple power" I get it at walmart, works great.....

Likely

njacobsen
06-23-13, 11:47 PM
After snapping my drivers side Weathertech mat down, I also had problems removing it. I called Weathertech and they have not changed the design. They recommended prying the mat off the carpet posts.

The posts have a flat surface where they attach to the carpet. I used a long screwdriver with a flat blade that is 7/16" wide. By pushing the blade between the floor mat and the flat surface, all it took was a twist to pop the mat off the posts.

As I pryed the second fastener loose, it came apart. The disk that is visible on the top of the mat is a separate piece that snaps into the retainer on the bottom of the mat. The two pieces snapped together one on top and the other on the bottom.

After vacuuming the grit that accumulated next to the mats and snapping the retainer back together, I pushed them down over the posts again and the mat is securely anchored in place once again.

After discovering how they are assembled and the durability of the fasteners, I am very pleased and confident the mats will last as long as I keep my 2013.

----------

For those of you who are having trouble snapping the mats in place, please do not drive without having them securely fastened. The vertical side next to the console will bow out as you move your feet and could interfere with the accelerator operation.

I had the same difficulty and drove for a few days without them being fastened and after experiencing the interference, determinedly found a way to position them and push the fasteners into place. I carefully felt the top of the posts with my fingers and lined up the Weathertech fasteners precisely on top of the posts. I then pushed down with all of my weight by bracing my back against the bottom of the steering column. I could hear and feel the solid snap as they seated on the posts.

After removing as explained previously in this post, installing them a second time was much easier because I know how to line them up. Lining the fasteners up precisely on top of the carpet posts is key to being able to install them.

Again, please do not drive without securely fastening them because we don't want any SRX sudden acceleration incidents.

300:29:1
06-24-13, 10:38 AM
After snapping my drivers side Weathertech mat down, I also had problems removing it. I called Weathertech and they have not changed the design. They recommended prying the mat off the carpet posts.

The posts have a flat surface where they attach to the carpet. I used a long screwdriver with a flat blade that is 7/16" wide. By pushing the blade between the floor mat and the flat surface, all it took was a twist to pop the mat off the posts.

As I pryed the second fastener loose, it came apart. The disk that is visible on the top of the mat is a separate piece that snaps into the retainer on the bottom of the mat. The two pieces snapped together one on top and the other on the bottom.

After vacuuming the grit that accumulated next to the mats and snapping the retainer back together, I pushed them down over the posts again and the mat is securely anchored in place once again.

After discovering how they are assembled and the durability of the fasteners, I am very pleased and confident the mats will last as long as I keep my 2013.

----------

For those of you who are having trouble snapping the mats in place, please do not drive without having them securely fastened. The vertical side next to the console will bow out as you move your feet and could interfere with the accelerator operation.

I had the same difficulty and drove for a few days without them being fastened and after experiencing the interference, determinedly found a way to position them and push the fasteners into place. I carefully felt the top of the posts with my fingers and lined up the Weathertech fasteners precisely on top of the posts. I then pushed down with all of my weight by bracing my back against the bottom of the steering column. I could hear and feel the solid snap as they seated on the posts.

After removing as explained previously in this post, installing them a second time was much easier because I know how to line them up. Lining the fasteners up precisely on top of the carpet posts is key to being able to install them.

Again, please do not drive without securely fastening them because we don't want any SRX sudden acceleration incidents.

Just to add to the discussion, my OEM carpeted driver's side mat is difficult to pull up. I use my thumb on top of the post while pulling up the mat. It's a bit tricky every time.

warnercc
06-27-13, 10:55 AM
I purchased the complete set of mats, front, back and cargo area from the factory store in Bolingbrook, IL back March not too long after we purchased the car and everything fit perfectly. Odd thing is, since it has gotten hot out, the passenger side front mat has changed almost like the heat has affected it. It is now too narrow, like the sides have rolled up and it no longer will fasten to the posts. We are planning on going up to Chicago tomorrow for the Blackhawk's Parade and I hope to stop at the store to see what they will do.

warnercc
06-30-13, 09:17 PM
We had a weird one with our mats. They fit perfectly when I installed them but I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the passenger side front mat not longer fit properly. It was too narrow and no longer fit on the post properly, either. We went back to the factory store in Bollingbrook yesterday with our receipt and they came out and looked at the mats. Took both front mats out of the car and gave us a brand new set. You can argue with that kind of customer service. They also said that they had made a note in out records and if it did it again just to call them up and they would overnight another set right away. They have nice stuff, it is expensive but if they stand behind it like that I will continue to buy from them.

cannon1017
07-01-13, 10:54 PM
The saga continues...I got an email from Weathertech today that said the replacement mats they had sent were still the wrong ones and that they will be sending a replacement for the replacement shortly.

dbair07
07-03-13, 04:05 PM
Update on this issue. I contacted Weathertech to see if the issue was fixed or get a refund and this is the response I received from customer support:

Hey Derek
Unfortunately we are still having some difficulties with the retention
systems in this vehicle. It is in the process of being changed, however,
I am not sure how much longer it need to be complete. WeatherTech will
offer you a full refund on the Front Floor Liners, however, You would be
responsible for the freight back to us. What we would have to do is
email you a RAN#, write this clearly on the return box and ship them
back. We recommend using Canada post as they have the best rates. Once
we receive them back we would offer you the full refund.
Let me know how you would like to proceed.
Spencer[/I][/B]

I will be sending these back, receive a refund and purchase husky liners to see if these are better.

'12CTSman
07-03-13, 07:30 PM
Update on this issue. I contacted Weathertech to see if the issue was fixed or get a refund and this is the response I received from customer support:

Hey Derek
Unfortunately we are still having some difficulties with the retention
systems in this vehicle. It is in the process of being changed, however,
I am not sure how much longer it need to be complete. WeatherTech will
offer you a full refund on the Front Floor Liners, however, You would be
responsible for the freight back to us. What we would have to do is
email you a RAN#, write this clearly on the return box and ship them
back. We recommend using Canada post as they have the best rates. Once
we receive them back we would offer you the full refund.
Let me know how you would like to proceed.
Spencer

I will be sending these back, receive a refund and purchase husky liners to see if these are better.

Have you considered buying an OEM set on eBay? I am sure you could get a set for less than the $150 the dealers charge with free shipping and no sales tax, plus they would fit perfectly. Personally, the aftermarket sets just aren't as good and the fit is marginal at best, but I know a lot of people who swear by them as they are pressing down a corner or two with their feet and telling me they will adjust/fit in time. Right.

cannon1017
07-14-13, 11:11 PM
Well, miracles do happen. I received my second replacement set of Weathertech mats yesterday and they fit. The originals were a Christmas gift, so it only took almost 7 months to get this right.

kanundrum
07-15-13, 09:43 PM
I got my 2nd set and they don't fit still, emailed them.

Ill get another set and probably just design my own mounting system/solution.

davedogcaddy
07-16-13, 02:49 PM
OK, I just have to ask....what is the big deal here anyway?

My weathertech liners have never 'snapped' onto the posts, they just fit/lay over them....that being said - with as well as the liners are made to fit (they absolutely fill the entire foot-well) there is NO WAY they can move anywhere with or without it snapping to the posts! I've had mine for several months, they don't budge an inch. Very happy with my purchase. Would it be nice if they actually 'snapped' onto the posts like the OEM mats? Yes. Does it make any difference at all? No.

I would love to see how anyone could possibly have any issue with the *liners* moving.....even without them 'snapped' in place.

maybe i'm missing something here.

carybrent
07-16-13, 04:12 PM
Huskyliners were mentioned in this thread. Has anyone tried these? Neighbor has them in his RX350 and likes them.
I've seen them and they look much like the Weathertech.

300:29:1
07-16-13, 05:11 PM
Huskyliners were mentioned in this thread. Has anyone tried these? Neighbor has them in his RX350 and likes them.
I've seen them and they look much like the Weathertech.

I have the Huskyliner for the cargo area only. Very satisfied.

dbair07
07-26-13, 10:05 AM
Well I just received my Husky liners and they are much better. There are no retention snaps but there are large holes and spikes on the bottom that keep them firmly in place. Also I find the valleys for the dirt, water, snow etc are much deeper than the Weathertechs. Also they were cheaper. A set of fronts and back mat cost less than $200.

Best part is I am sending the Weathertechs back in the box from Husky for a refund. Just add some salt to the wound.

Likely
07-26-13, 12:17 PM
dbair07.....

You must be a real piece of work!!!!!

floridaguy
07-27-13, 06:59 AM
Weathertech has redesigned the way their mats are secured to the posts. I previously had two sets that did not fit properly. Last week they sent me the redesigned mats. The jury is still out but it seems like a much better design. I always loved the mat just not the way it was secured. I think they've solved that issue and their customer service is top notch.

vi2k13
07-30-13, 02:21 PM
I have had the WeatherTech front and rear mats since I got the SRX 4 months ago. No issues with front passenger and rear ones.

Like many have noted here, I have the problem with driver side mat not fitting properly. When I ordered them I confirmed with WeatherTech that these are in fact the updated version for 2013 SRX. In addition to the fitting issue, the wall of the mat curls near the accelerator pedal. This could be a safety issue since I had difficulty pushing the pedal a few time getting stuck in the mat. Their solution for this issue is to leave it inside out overnight ("reverse flex" in their speak) which I had done many times without any success. The curl kept coming back. I think the curling is because of incorrect fitting. While trying to remove the mat from fasteners, I nearly ripped the floor carpet. They have asked me to send the fronts for a full refund and agreed to let me keep the rear mat. I have ordered the simple GM OEM Premium All-weather vinyl mats from the dealer for now.

Well I just received my Husky liners and they are much better. There are no retention snaps but there are large holes and spikes on the bottom that keep them firmly in place. Also I find the valleys for the dirt, water, snow etc are much deeper than the Weathertechs. Also they were cheaper. A set of fronts and back mat cost less than $200.

Best part is I am sending the Weathertechs back in the box from Husky for a refund. Just add some salt to the wound.

dblair07, did you buy Husky Liners from a Canadian reseller? I like the fact that they have no retention snaps. I am assuming they are similar to WeatherTech front passenger side one. Thanks!

dbair07
07-30-13, 03:37 PM
Hey @vi2k13 I just bought them online direct from Husky. You are correct very similar to the Weathertech front passenger it just doesn't snap into place. Have had them a few days now and am pretty satisfied.

vi2k13
07-30-13, 03:59 PM
Hey @vi2k13 I just bought them online direct from Husky. You are correct very similar to the Weathertech front passenger it just doesn't snap into place. Have had them a few days now and am pretty satisfied.

Thanks again, dblair07!

Glad to know you are very satisfied with the Huskies after all the troubles with Weathertech.

kanundrum
08-01-13, 05:52 PM
Got the new weathertech mats, they fit like a glove due to some special adapters that go on the anchor posts, the digital liner fit does not move one bit now! Highly recommended