: Earnhardt Cadillac, Scottsdale AZ

Hoosier Daddy
02-24-13, 11:58 AM
I know these threads are usually major complaints or glowing praise but I think the more mundane experiences can be useful to potential buyers in a marketplace.

I talked to numerous dealers before ordering my ATS. I'm posting reviews for the four I spent the most time with. Since it was an order, I'm going to wait 'till I take delivery to review the dealer I bought from.

I believe Earnhardt Cadillac has the largest inventory in central Arizona, which is a plus if you want to avoid ordering a car. Earnhardt has dealerships for numerous brands of cars from various manufacturers. This Cadillac dealership was a recent acquisition. It was formerly Legends Cadillac.

I did not buy from Earnhardt because of what seem to be rookie mistakes by the staff. Basically the salesman said some things that didn't make sense. When I questioned management about what I'd been told, they initially made false statement which I suspect were to cover for the initial lie. They eventually admitted the deceit (not mistake, not oversight, not misunderstanding). What's strange is that the lies were pointless in that even if true they could NEVER have helped them make a sale.

While I don't condone it, I can understand the human weakness to try to cover up for an employee when they didn't see the lie as something I should care about. And I didn't see any signs indicating this is a pattern with their other salespeople. In fact, its just the opposite. I was originally going to work with another salesperson but she was busy when I arrived (I did not call ahead). I was passed off to another salesman who I had the problems with. I did have some conversations with her and she was straight forward and even tried to make up for the other salesman's blunders.

So I will consider doing business with Earnhardt Cadillac in the future. I guess like with any company, not everyone you may deal with are the "A" students.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-24-13, 05:58 PM
...I know these threads are usually major complaints or glowing praise but I think the more mundane experiences can be useful to potential buyers in a marketplace...

Interesting point, Hoosier! Thanks for continuing to provide feedback, and (as always!) please email me anytime you would like me to record additional feedback regarding your dealer experiences. I'm reachable at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Hoosier Daddy
02-24-13, 07:00 PM
Update: I emailed the Sales Manager at Earnhardt Cadillac a more detailed review and received the following response which I think shows a desire to improve (among other things):

Good morning,

Thank you for your response and the opportunity to have a chance to earn your business. We are always trying to improve our business and therefore I appreciate that you went to lengths to let us know what you feel we could have done better in your case. Congratulations on your ordering of the ATS with one of our competitors as they need any sale that they can get and once in a while we can share as to not be too greedy. We will make sure that we continue improving to lose as few customers as we can. It is one of the things we do best and the primary reason we have been the top Cadillac volume and customer service rated dealership in the entire western region for the last 4 years. Enjoy your new car when it arrives and have a wonderful day.

Since Earnhardt just purchased the dealership from Legends, I was a bit confused about them being the top regional dealer for the last 4 years. Then I realized it's sort of like George Washington's cherry tree hatchet which I happen to own. I just wish the head hadn't been replaced 4 time and the handle 3 times before I bought it. :yup: