: Shifter Bezel

WarrenMRogers
02-24-13, 10:46 AM
Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter boot hooks into. The clips were broken and now it just sits loosely in the console there and it moves around when I shift. The best I can find online is the boot, bezel and knob for like $250. I just need that little plastic square everything else is fine. Hopefully this is possible and doesn't cost a fortune?

FuzzyLogic
02-24-13, 11:03 AM
Well I did my best to search and can't find any answers. I need a new bezel that the shifter boot hooks into. The clips were broken and now it just sits loosely in the console there and it moves around when I shift. The best I can find online is the boot, bezel and knob for like $250. I just need that little plastic square everything else is fine. Hopefully this is possible and doesn't cost a fortune?

Unfortunately, that's your only bet, unless you want to buy used (none available on eBay, presently).

WarrenMRogers
02-24-13, 11:26 AM
Dang. I don't suppose I can buy an aftermarket shifter that comes with a new bezel? If I have to buy the whole kit, I might as well go for an upgrayedd

FuzzyLogic
02-24-13, 11:56 AM
Dang. I don't suppose I can buy an aftermarket shifter that comes with a new bezel? If I have to buy the whole kit, I might as well go for an upgrayedd

I think you know as well as I do that the aftermarket shifters just include the stalk and not the boot or the knob.

WarrenMRogers
02-24-13, 12:40 PM
null

robojesus
02-24-13, 12:54 PM
if only the tabs are broken off, a good double sided tape will do the trick. cya.

WarrenMRogers
02-24-13, 12:57 PM
Yes, that's the case. It's a little worn also and, silly me, I thought perhaps the plastic would be a cheap and easy replacement part. Looks like I might have to do the double sided tape and plastidip route. I don't know if the tape will be strong enough to hold up to the shifting though. I may try to glue some sort or replacement tabs on.

robojesus
02-24-13, 12:59 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/3m-auto-tape.html

something like that product would work perfectly. It's what body shops use to hold on moldings/panels and IIRC, spoilers.

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/563297-how-strong-is-3m-super-strong-automotive-attachment-tape.html

odla
02-24-13, 11:24 PM
Lindsay has them cheaper then the $250. Call up Luke.

WarrenMRogers
02-25-13, 12:37 PM
I will just to see the price, I still need to order the defroster grill piece for the upper dash anyway. I'll look into the auto tape. I'm making a trip to Menard's after work so we'll see what I can find.