: Third brake light out...

ninibtrue
02-23-13, 06:30 PM
I have a 08 Cadillac DTS that I love but have recently come into a few problems. The third break light bar has a few lights out, and I hear that I am going to have to have the whole bar replaced? Also, the left speaker comes in and out when driving which is annoying and now my darn warning signal comes on and reads Lane Departure needs service. Anyone have any of these problems occur with their DTS?

grullon10
02-24-13, 03:45 AM
Yes the 3rd light have tobe change as one unit because is led look for one on ebay could find them thereon the speaker take the door panel of maybe the connection to the speaker is loose.

----------

On the depacher lane issue try to turn it off . Look at the manual on how to.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-24-13, 07:51 PM
Ninibtrue, would you consider taking your DTS to a Cadillac dealer for service? It would be a great next step, and please let me know if you would like any assistance working for your dealership towards a resolution. I'm available via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

5.0 lsc
02-25-13, 09:41 PM
I was able to buy one from gmparts direct or similar site for around $100. It was very difficult to get the old one off, the mounting studs that are attached to the brake lamp assembly in a way that they break off from the plastic as soon as you try to loosen the mounting nut on the underside of the trunk, so the studs are just spinning in place. Not fun

BlackRavenDTS
02-26-13, 08:09 PM
Don't buy used... A dealer put a used one on my DTS when I bought it and It cracked and the some of the lights went out too...

Bought a brand new one and its perfect!

Gomaz
03-07-13, 10:42 AM
Don't buy used... A dealer put a used one on my DTS when I bought it and It cracked and the some of the lights went out too...

Bought a brand new one and its perfect!

so you would suggest not to get a used one? So ebay would be ok? I have a few ones out in mine as well.

Submariner409
03-07-13, 10:46 AM
Not sure - but find out if Logan can help - www.ledfix.com

RippyPartsDept
03-07-13, 11:13 AM
i sell them for about $145 plus shipping

Tom's Caddy
03-07-13, 11:23 AM
I was taken for $295 at the Caddy dealer :rant2: two years ago. I wish I new about this board and ebay back then. Sorry to get off topic I know I will be in trouble for not starting a new thread but Sub, in you're albums you have a picture of a tranny fill cap off showing no fluid. I have read you're posts explaining in great accurate detail on why no fluid is visible looking down or on dip stick when cold ( not running ). My question is do you know why on the dip stick it has a cold reading about ( bottom to half way up the stick saying cold then the rest to almost the top saying hot ). The only thing I can think of is it is for people that would not run the engine ( drive far enough or long enough to get a proper reading of hot. I hope this doesn't sound to stupid. Sorry for asking this in this thread.:duck:

Submariner409
03-07-13, 11:28 AM
^^^ Exactly the reason for two sets of marks on the 4T80E stick - the fluid expands when sufficiently hot - COLD is to get the fill level in the ballpark for post-work startup, then you do final after-test drive hot level checks.

Tom's Caddy
03-07-13, 11:48 AM
Thanks Sub I know we can always rely on you.:thumbsup:

Gustamachio
03-13-13, 05:26 PM
I was taken for $295 at the Caddy dealer :rant2: two years ago.
Wow, that's cheap. I just ran a price quote at the dealership I work at, and it's roughly $400.00 + tax installed for an 08 DTS third brake lamp assembly.

Tom's Caddy
03-16-13, 11:22 AM
I put it in myself, that was just for the light. It was very easy, someone said they had a little trouble mine was a breeze and I hold a pen for a living.

bill bachofner
03-20-13, 12:37 PM
I put it in myself, that was just for the light. It was very easy, someone said they had a little trouble mine was a breeze and I hold a pen for a living.

Indeed to know the proper way of removing the fasteners from the trunk appliqué to get at the third brake light and where can I get new fasteners?

RippyPartsDept
08-01-13, 11:12 AM
the pricing on these third brake lights has gone up since March

... current forum pricing for the lamp is $209.50

grullon10
08-01-13, 01:12 PM
I bought my in april at a dealer here in new york city for 170.

RippyPartsDept
08-01-13, 01:37 PM
Yeah, i think the price jumped in either may or june

RicktheRealtor
08-01-13, 10:15 PM
I bought one (brand new) in May on Ebay for about $160, plus shipping. Put it on myself in about a half hour. It was fairly simple. Just don't over tighten the nuts when installing the new one. These units seem to go out faster than they should. I suspect the slamming of the trunk has something to do with it. Speculation on my part, but I'm now careful when lowering the trunk lid.

teckguy
08-01-13, 10:18 PM
Same boat...looks like they are so new that the rebuilders are not touching them yet.....after hours of searching the best deal so far is: http://www.oehq.com/oeparts_25844853.htm

If you find a better price please let me know since this is on my list.

teckguy
08-20-13, 01:26 AM
Just got my new one tonight from oeparts online ....$156 and 15 min to install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App (http://www.autoguide.com/mobile)

HartfordGuy
10-17-13, 10:54 AM
Just noticed I have 3 or 4 LEDS out on my third brake lamp. I'll be contacting you Chris to get one.

jacklogan
10-17-13, 12:29 PM
OEparts now wants $229.97. Doesn't say if that includes shipping.

Anyone have a better price???

I have a few lights out on 2009.

thanks

Jack

RippyPartsDept
10-17-13, 01:41 PM
current forum pricing is $209.50 plus shipping

Michael147
12-14-13, 12:40 AM
I have exactly the same problem with the 2006 DTS third brake light, except for the speaker. I hope someone can help. Thank you all for this site!

Chadillac182
12-14-13, 01:32 AM
GMpartsdirect.com $174

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac246/Chadillac0717/image_zps89993eb2.jpg (http://s904.photobucket.com/user/Chadillac0717/media/image_zps89993eb2.jpg.html)

peryan
12-14-13, 09:58 AM
I just replaced mine on my '07 DTS for exactly the same reason...about 25% of the LEDs were burned out. I bought a new one from GMparts direct for $206. The dealer quoted me $278 for the part +labor. I was able to install it in about 45 min. You will have to remove the inner deck lid liner to access the light assembly retaining nuts. It's a very simple replacement. This light is not being rebuilt yet as they used to be only $145 from from GM Parts. Last summer GM raised the price by over $100. That being said, I'm sure that we will start to see rebuilt ones on the market soon...good luck.

Submariner409
12-14-13, 10:18 AM
Not sure if Logan is doing these lights yet - check into www.ledfix.com (http://www.ledfix.com) .

He used to do the older Seville/Deville 3rd brake light work.

RippyPartsDept
12-14-13, 02:13 PM
chadillac,

how much do they want for shipping, handling, and processing?