: New to the V world

RAVEN-V
02-23-13, 05:03 PM
I've been lurking a bit and finally decided to join the forum. In late November of 2012 I purchased a 2006 Raven black CTS-V. The car has 100k on it from a single owner, but pulls hard and strong. I'm loving the car so far, its perfect! Luxurious, spacious, and fast as hell!!! What more could a guy ask for. Id love to be able to throw a bunch of parts at it but my pockets just arnt that deep, so a long process the car will be.

Bought the car pretty cheap due to the cooling fans not turning on, turns out the radiator had a hole so the coolant wasnt reaching the temp sensor to kick on the fans. $160 and we were back in buisness. My buttons were chipped to hell as I've seen are everyones so I went ahead and put in a new head-unit before i got used to all the features the stock one had in it. Went with a double din pioneer 4500 which I am very happy with. Air filter was dirty so instead of wasting money on a new one I went and bought my self a late Christmas present, K&N intake. I love the whistle it puts off!! another sore spot that seems to be on these cars was the rear diff bushing was shot in mine so i threw in a Creative Steel bushing and block which almost fully eliminated my rear end clunks. Last thing I did was threw on some new rubber since the chinese tires that were on there couldnt hold traction at all. went with Hankook v12's 245/45/18 up front and 275/40/18 out back. Holds traction a bit better now! Dont know whats next, probably a tune up.

Ive got nothing but great things to say about these cars though, what a blast to drive! hope to learn more about them in the future! seems to be tons of info to read through on this site.

Matt

rand49er
02-23-13, 05:25 PM
Welcome, Matt! Get some pics posted up when you get a few more posts.

Scott2012
02-23-13, 05:46 PM
Welcome!
Get yourself some Revshift motor mounts :)

PISNUOFF
02-23-13, 05:51 PM
With the radio swap, can you still turn on competition mode or completely turn off the stability control?

tophat
02-23-13, 06:38 PM
Welcome, looks of good info here and lots of really cool people. Enjoy your car,I couldnt be happier with mine.

JDB
02-23-13, 07:00 PM
Welcome... sounds like you're cleaning up from a clueless prior owner.

izcain
02-23-13, 10:31 PM
congrats on the new V. Just got mine as well and lovin it everyday!