: Won't start

Gomaz
02-22-13, 11:20 PM
So today I tried to start the car and it will turn over and try to start but it just won't catch. There is plenty of gas in the car. I even tried the remote starter but it just turns over and over and thats it. a few times the motor will catch but it will not stay running long enough for me to give it gas. Sounds like the fuel pump to me. What do u guys think?:confused:

grullon10
02-24-13, 03:53 AM
Look at the fuel pump relay and fuse 08 and newer have a big problem with the fuse box under the rear seat. If the relay is burn go to if you have it in your town to autozone buy the relay it is the same for the deville and the dts. I have couple of friend that happen to them. The car is going to star but it will keep burning the relay until you change the fuse box. Hope the car still under warranty good lk.

TulsaVic
02-24-13, 09:50 AM
Since a bad crank sensor will cut the fuel when the car is running, will it also prevent fuel flow when starting the engine? That sensor seems to be a relatively common problem....

Gomaz
02-25-13, 09:43 AM
I have no warranty left, just powertrain, not sure that this will fall under powertrain

Gomaz
02-28-13, 03:26 PM
So..I took car to dealer and was told that the water pump is covered under the powertrain warranty but it is not the fuel pump, its teh relay. lucky it is just $152 CND to fix

Superjim
02-28-13, 04:46 PM
So..I took car to dealer and was told that the water pump is covered under the powertrain warranty but it is not the fuel pump, its teh relay. lucky it is just $152 CND to fix

For $152... all they did was replace the relay...
Your problem WILL return...

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-28-13, 07:08 PM
Gomaz, thank you for posting your dealer's resolution! If you ever would like to involve the Customer Service team nearest you, I wanted to make sure you had GM of Canada's contact information. http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/about/contactus/overview gives you not only their hotline details but also their means of online communication!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

grullon10
02-28-13, 07:26 PM
If they charge you 150 for that cost $30 they are bad the problem will come back. The problem is the fuse box under the back seat.

Gomaz
03-04-13, 01:16 PM
shit well that sucks. so should i get the fuse box looked at?

Gomaz
02-07-14, 09:33 AM
I forgot to get the fuse box looked at and guess what.... car won't start again. Its at the shop now, how much to get fuse box fixed?

Gomaz
02-07-14, 03:29 PM
Just left from the shop and they re-wired the relay and got be a new relay. This way I don't need to replace the fuse box at $549 CND. Issue resloved (I hope) for $140 taxes in.