: Stereo interference/service ride control

XBmarsh
02-22-13, 09:19 AM
I just recently out an after market in dash in my truck. I currently have two alpine type r subs and two amps with an additional battery. Every time I start to drive I get a whining sound coming from the speakers. My first thought was that it was due to the alternator. Any thoughts on this and what I can do to stop it. Also I have the service ride control light when I start my truck. I did just change my tires and for a week or so the stability system was running and now it doesn't run at all. Any ideas?

the cadillac man
02-22-13, 10:14 AM
I just recently out an after market in dash in my truck. I currently have two alpine type r subs and two amps with an additional battery. Every time I start to drive I get a whining sound coming from the speakers. My first thought was that it was due to the alternator. Any thoughts on this and what I can do to stop it. Also I have the service ride control light when I start my truck. I did just change my tires and for a week or so the stability system was running and now it doesn't run at all. Any ideas?

You have a ground loop somewhere in the system check all of your grounds and make sure they are clean and tight.

wesyder
02-22-13, 11:19 AM

What brand amplifier and stereo?, i usually run into issues like that with low quality units customers supply for install, but as well check for ground loop like cadi man suggest

XBmarsh
02-22-13, 05:19 PM
Word ill check my grounds next chance I get. Thanks guys. Will keep you posted