: Anyone else with XS-500?

Jophusp
02-22-13, 10:04 AM
So, I have been trying for months now to figure out what I am missing, as far as a belt tensioner goes on my XS-500 Coolcharger supercharger. I have to have the supercharger rebuilt, so I am removing the entire thing, and installing a spectra intake system in the meantime. I need to find someone else with this system who may have a bad blower, and wants to get it out of there. I really want to get this thing back to its true potential. My supercharger is useless without a belt.

jjtwomey
02-22-13, 01:59 PM
So, I have been trying for months now to figure out what I am missing, as far as a belt tensioner goes on my XS-500 Coolcharger supercharger. I have to have the supercharger rebuilt, so I am removing the entire thing, and installing a spectra intake system in the meantime. I need to find someone else with this system who may have a bad blower, and wants to get it out of there. I really want to get this thing back to its true potential. My supercharger is useless without a belt.

I have the xs 500 set up and its got a lot of balls and a sweet sound especially after the headers are on it... But I'm keeping mine.... Where are you located... I've never seen another one in person

Jophusp
02-23-13, 11:46 AM
I have the xs 500 set up and its got a lot of balls and a sweet sound especially after the headers are on it... But I'm keeping mine.... Where are you located... I've never seen another one in person

I am in Ohio. You are right on. I hooked it up with a belt that was a little loose because I dont have a tensioner for the supercharger belt, and i was hooked! I have to get this fixed. I have the headers, and dual exhaust, and it sounds awesome! would love to see another one so I could see how the belt diagram should be. have a machine shop to rebuild bad bearings.

----------

http://www.superchargerrebuild.com/?page_id=23

Anyone have experience with these guys?
Looking to possibly buy a backup unit.

jjtwomey
02-23-13, 12:05 PM
I am in Ohio. You are right on. I hooked it up with a belt that was a little loose because I dont have a tensioner for the supercharger belt, and i was hooked! I have to get this fixed. I have the headers, and dual exhaust, and it sounds awesome! would love to see another one so I could see how the belt diagram should be. have a machine shop to rebuild bad bearings.

----------

http://www.superchargerrebuild.com/?page_id=23

Anyone have experience with these guys?
Looking to possibly buy a backup unit.

When I go out today I'll try to get a few pics of the belt assembly for you

Jophusp
02-25-13, 10:53 AM
Thanks man, That would be awesome!

jjtwomey
02-25-13, 10:07 PM
Thanks man, That would be awesome!

Sorry I've been really busy ill get it tomorrow

Jophusp
02-26-13, 02:38 PM
Hey Man, Whenever you can get it is Fine, taking the blower off Sunday, so no big rush, Thanks again man,

jjtwomey
02-27-13, 10:20 PM
Hey Man, Whenever you can get it is Fine, taking the blower off Sunday, so no big rush, Thanks again man,

It's raining really bad here ill try to get pixs before Sunday for you

Jophusp
02-28-13, 10:18 AM
Thanks man, no rush. It just quit raining here today, been miserable out, just hoping for about 30 minutes of good weather Sunday.

jjtwomey
02-28-13, 09:27 PM
I can't upload pictures to this forum for some reason today.

go to http://jjtwomey.weebly.com/the-caddy.html

there are some pics on the second half of the page for you

its the best i can get without removing the shielding and fan assembly

the first is the main view air intake on left...supercharger just behind and to the right of it

the bottom pics are of the drivers side belt system....i tried but you can't really see well

hope this helps a litttle!

Jophusp
03-01-13, 10:17 AM
I can't upload pictures to this forum for some reason today.

go to http://jjtwomey.weebly.com/the-caddy.html

there are some pics on the second half of the page for you

its the best i can get without removing the shielding and fan assembly

the first is the main view air intake on left...supercharger just behind and to the right of it

the bottom pics are of the drivers side belt system....i tried but you can't really see well

hope this helps a litttle!

That is perfect man! on the second picture I can see where the tensioner is located, and it is just where I thought. I have a few bolt holes there that def look used. I can try to have one made now. Thanks for taking the time to get those for me. The Lade looks awesome! its nice to see another one of these systems.

jjtwomey
03-01-13, 11:15 AM
That is perfect man! on the second picture I can see where the tensioner is located, and it is just where I thought. I have a few bolt holes there that def look used. I can try to have one made now. Thanks for taking the time to get those for me. The Lade looks awesome! its nice to see another one of these systems.

Awesome news glad to help, let me know how it works out, it's not a dragster by any means but it is a lot of fun when the supercharger kicks in, best of luck