: SRX 20" Chrome Wheels

wwolfe68
02-22-13, 09:59 AM
Hi all -

I am new to the forum and take delivery of my leftover 12' SRX Premium Pkg tomorrow. Color is Platinum Ice with silver/black interior and DVD system in rear. Couldnt get everything i wanted so it has the standard 20" wheel package. Looking to upgrade to chrome 20" wheels either that come as an option on the 12-13 SRX or accessory wheels. I am not sold on the Chrome Tech (clad stlye) wheels and really like the 6 spoke accessory wheels. Been looking on ebay and GMPARTSDIRECT to see what these go for. Dealer says they will sell to me at their cost but seeing is believing.

Anyone have another source to get pricing on these wheels or anyone looking to sell a set of wheels & center caps (no tires or TPMS required)? Would be willing to trade plus cash for my standard 20's.

Look forward to learning more about my SRX from the forum.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-22-13, 04:17 PM
Congratulations, wwolfe68! Sounds like an amazing weekend ahead for you.

You've already nailed our resources for prices, but hopefully you're able to work out an arrangement that suits you.

Regards,
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

beachcad
02-22-13, 06:30 PM
Hi all -

I am new to the forum and take delivery of my leftover 12' SRX Premium Pkg tomorrow. Color is Platinum Ice with silver/black interior and DVD system in rear. Couldnt get everything i wanted so it has the standard 20" wheel package. Looking to upgrade to chrome 20" wheels either that come as an option on the 12-13 SRX or accessory wheels. I am not sold on the Chrome Tech (clad stlye) wheels and really like the 6 spoke accessory wheels. Been looking on ebay and GMPARTSDIRECT to see what these go for. Dealer says they will sell to me at their cost but seeing is believing.

Anyone have another source to get pricing on these wheels or anyone looking to sell a set of wheels & center caps (no tires or TPMS required)? Would be willing to trade plus cash for my standard 20's.

Look forward to learning more about my SRX from the forum.

wwolfe68,
You're best bet would be to work out a swap with the dealer, if you can. Every other option is probably going to be substantially higher cost.

wwolfe68
02-22-13, 09:04 PM
dealer will only give me a $200 credit on my wheels (ALL 4).....but states they will pass through chrome wheels at their cost. We will find out tomorrow when i pick it up. I will keep the old wheels and sell on ebay or CL and sure i can get at least 500-600 for the set of 4.

b4z
02-24-13, 12:21 PM
20 " chrome wheels can be ordered from the factory for $895. Im in pawleys island sc right now and coastal Cadillac has ordered most of their SRXs his way. I was shocked because my dealer which is the largest in SC has never ordered them this way. Yesterday was the first time I have seen them in person.

phunter1
02-24-13, 12:45 PM
I think that is $895 each, not for a set. I was quoted nearly $2000 for chrome wheels for my SRX. Another option is a wheel exchange. I traded my wheels for chrome ones, and am very happy with them.
Here is a link to where i purchased my wheels, if you are interested in that approach: http://www.oemrims.com/

Phil

wwolfe68
02-24-13, 04:39 PM
Dealer ended up offering me 15% off MSRP for wheels. So I would be at $488.75/wheel (no caps, TPMS, lugs, etc). Set of 4 wheels only was just shy of $2,000.00. This is for the Chrome 12 spoke wheel that is an accessory wheel and available in 13'. Gorgeous wheel. I am better off purchasing from GMPartsDirect or hunt on ebay. They did not offer me an upgrade package at the dealer...just 15% off wheels.

b4z
02-24-13, 10:06 PM
Guys, I went back by coastal Cadillac (www.coastalsaves.net) and the wheels on a performance or premium are $895 for the set. I took pics of several of the SRXs and they had about 8 with the wheels that we are talking about.the code is "SKB" bright, chrome finish 20 " wheels. Pm me for the pics I took of the window sticker.
This is factory installed not LPO.
Again, I am surprised about this as well.

----------

I am talking about the 12 spoker as well.

Marc NY
02-25-13, 08:22 AM
Please try to post some of those photos for us to see.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd198/MarcNY/2013SRX_Seven-1.jpg

b4z
02-25-13, 10:29 AM
Marc, can you pm me your email address. i emailed them to myself from the iphone, saved them, then tried to attach but it says my quota is exceeded.

beachcad
02-25-13, 10:59 AM
Dealer ended up offering me 15% off MSRP for wheels. So I would be at $488.75/wheel (no caps, TPMS, lugs, etc). Set of 4 wheels only was just shy of $2,000.00. This is for the Chrome 12 spoke wheel that is an accessory wheel and available in 13'. Gorgeous wheel. I am better off purchasing from GMPartsDirect or hunt on ebay. They did not offer me an upgrade package at the dealer...just 15% off wheels.

When I purchased my wife's 2012, these wheels were available as an accessory purchase only. The GM parts sites that I checked all included substantial shipping costs, and then the mounting and balancing afterwards ended up jacking the cost beyond my acceptability. I realized that for us, the only way to get these wheels was to negotiate them along with the new vehicle purchase. They still cost us a bundle, especially since we were getting a luxury that had 18's on it and we also had to purchase the 20" tires.

Starting with the 2013 MY they became available as a factory option (upgrade) on the Performance and Premium only, for $895 USD/$1195 CAD. Compared to those of us who had to purchase these wheels outright, the factory upgrade is a good deal.

Here's a pic of them on my wife's 2012 SRX soon after purchase. I have since changed the center caps to the black logo.

wwolfe68
02-25-13, 11:15 AM
Those are the wheels!!!!!! My dealer had to locate a 12' from another dealer about 200 miles away and already negotiated many other accessories into the deal and were not very cooperative on the wheels besides the discount (15% off). If it were a 13'...I would of pushed it much more. I also own a tire business so have access to do all the work myself and have a good friend who works at the local GMC/Buick dealer so he is also checking his price on the wheels.

beachcad
02-25-13, 11:22 AM
That's great that you have the tire business advantage. I wish you success on finding a better deal, and please let us know what you find. I wasn't so fortunate on the pricing, but still love the wheels and have no regrets. Also, check out the black and silver logo center caps. They give the wheels a little extra punch that a lot of folks like (including us).

Marc NY
02-25-13, 11:27 AM
Marc, can you pm me your email address. i emailed them to myself from the iPhone, saved them, then tried to attach but it says my quota is exceeded.I use my iPhone a lot too and just send to my email address then I save it to my computer. Then I just upload the photos that I want to use later into Photobuck.com. As you might guess I use Photobucket.com for many of my picture postings on our site here rather then using the attachment feature. Heck you can just become a free member and then you can start uploading and post! POST! POST!!! :D

NOTE: A very nice SRX there beachcad! :thumbsup:

beachcad
02-25-13, 11:33 AM
Thanks Marc. My wife loves it, and I think it looks really nice too.

BTW, I think your new SRX is pretty nice also!!!

wwolfe68
02-25-13, 11:47 AM
Beachcad - Where did you get the upper and lower grilles in your SRX? I bought the accessory grills for my 2012 but was looking to do something with teh lower (under the license plate).

I may soon have 3 sets of wheels for my SRX! 20" chrome assy. std 20" wheel and 18" winter wheel/tire package. The standard 20"s will go on ebay or craigslist for quick sale.

beachcad
02-25-13, 12:05 PM
Beachcad - Where did you get the upper and lower grilles in your SRX? I bought the accessory grills for my 2012 but was looking to do something with teh lower (under the license plate).

I may soon have 3 sets of wheels for my SRX! 20" chrome assy. std 20" wheel and 18" winter wheel/tire package. The standard 20"s will go on ebay or craigslist for quick sale.

They are the E&G heavy wire mesh. I bought them from AtlantaAuto.com
The lower grille is an 'overlay' and fastens over the factory grille (bolts through to the back of the old grille).

Ha! I still have the 18 inch polished wheels and tires that came off my wife's SRX. Had them on ebay and CL, but haven't sold yet. I was hoping to avoid the packaging and shipping, and just let things slide for a while. I need to get back on task ...

b4z
02-25-13, 05:49 PM
Called my dealer a little while ago and my salesman said he's been trying to get cars with these wheels on them for several customers in the last few weeks. He knew the order code and the $895 price off the top of his head before I even told him. Interesting.

wwolfe68
02-25-13, 09:03 PM
Not that it will help me at this point, but how does this work at the dealer? The buyer pays an upgrade of $895 and wheels/tires get swapped out on his vehicle? I woul think the $$ upgrade would depend on what wheel pacakage is on the car? Base aluminum or 20" chrome clad wheels.

or is this done on cars being ordered from factory...that would make more sense than something on dealer lot.

b4z
02-25-13, 09:22 PM
No. You have to get a performance or a premium. The wheels are not available from the factory on a base or luxury for the $895 option price. If you want them on a base or luxury you have to order them as an accessory (LPO) and they are installed by the dealer. Or go on eBay and find some then ou have to store or sell the wheels that originally came on the car.
What makes the most financial sense to me is locate or order a 2013 performance or premium and add the $895 20" chrome, bright finish wheels ------ and they are beautiful in person.

TheCaptain
03-01-13, 11:02 PM
Sorry I never got your pics up wwolfe. I was out of the country this last week.