: M/C for Disk Brake conversion on a 63

JumboShrimp
02-22-13, 08:46 AM
I wanna put disks on my 63 - bought a front & rear 'kit' from CPP but its back ordered til ?? & they gave me the option to cancel the order.

That got me thinking (Always bad!) that I might save some money with the Scarebird stuff. I called and talked to Mark - very polite but asked me to use email for tech ?'s and he would send me the parts list for the conversion (front only) - will post if anyone wants to review it.

Looks simple enough & uses 12" rotors (plenty big). Cpp's kit has 13" rotors & a new Master with Prop valve but is it REALLY worth a GRAND?

So...

Has anyone done a scarebird conversion to a 63? and what did you use for a M/C. I'm sure there's an easy late model bolt in M/C out there, I just don't know where to start.

I will eventually do a rear conversion too but I don't want to turn this into a bigger project than it already is. I have a 500 for the car and will do a 9"/ 4-bar when I do the Monster Motor Swap.

JS

Vasili239
05-08-13, 12:28 AM
Hey jumboshrimp I also am looking for a front disk brake kit. If you buy the kit from scarebird let me know how it works out

Neil Clarke
05-08-13, 07:36 AM
If the stock master cylinder is what I believe... 1" bore tandem circuit
Why don't you just use the original cylinder and convert it to disc brakes by removing the residual line pressure valve located under the brass olive in the rear brake circuit. (larger outlet thread port) ?

Oh... and front one too... thought you just meant rear