: Spark Plug Wires - MSD, Taylor, Granatelli, Accel ....

CeaserTheThird
02-22-13, 05:12 AM
Buying Performance Spark Plug Wires -

I Would like to ask all here who have bought Aftermarket Performance Wires kit's.

1. Have any issues RFI / EMI interference ?

I have seen some reviews that claim causing problems with the Eleitrical system, Some say these low ohm wires are meant for older cars that don't have EFI...

MSD has a set, 50 Ohms a foot.

Granatelli Claims to be the BEST out of all, 0 Ohms a foot.

Please post if you have any information regarding Hi Performance Spark Plug wires.

Link to Testing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUfpkYMD1rI

6lbsofSound
02-22-13, 09:06 AM
I would take accel an Taylor off the list. I have personally done the testing and worked with granatelli and msd. Both of those are really good wires. The lower the ohms is the least resistance for current to travel making it cleaner, more efficient, quicker starts, etc.

You are not going to get any interference with any of them. I just put msd wires on mine. You should be fine with either granatelli or msd.

MrHolland
02-24-13, 11:37 AM
Why purchase after market "high performance " wires?? What are you trying to gain?? GM has spent a lot of money and time researching and developing their own plug wires. When replacing wires on a stock or near stock configured engine the factory plug wires are more than sufficient. JMHO....

the cadillac man
02-24-13, 12:45 PM
Why purchase after market "high performance " wires?? What are you trying to gain?? GM has spent a lot of money and time researching and developing their own plug wires. When replacing wires on a stock or near stock configured engine the factory plug wires are more than sufficient. JMHO....

I agree the stock wires has been doing great for me with my new plugs although I think I may need a new coil pack but not sure yet

wesyder
02-24-13, 02:46 PM

Yeah when i worked at a dyno shop, you would be surprised how much money is spent on reducing horsepower.. Jus because you spent $$$$ on an upgrade doesn't mean it works, seen this first hand

the cadillac man
02-24-13, 03:01 PM
Yeah when i worked at a dyno shop, you would be surprised how much money is spent on reducing horsepower.. Jus because you spent $$$$ on an upgrade doesn't mean it works, seen this first hand

Yep like the so called electric turbo(basically a electric fan) and does nothing for the engine and is a waste of money

6lbsofSound
02-24-13, 08:01 PM
No one mentioned hp numbers or increase in mpg or power wise from an ignition wire. You will never see an increase. But like anything else people want something built better and uses quality parts vs what gm originally used. If you are happy with stock ones great. If you want to spend $20 more and get something built better then go for it. No reason to question it or frown down on it from the original posters question.

kaiseresko
02-25-13, 09:50 PM
I just got Bosch wires with AC Delco professional iridium plugs. No complaints. I only got Bosch because they were all out of AC Delco wires.

the cadillac man
02-25-13, 10:44 PM
I just got Bosch wires with AC Delco professional iridium plugs. No complaints. I only got Bosch because they were all out of AC Delco wires.

From what I have heard from my uncle(who worked at gm) Bosch is the oe supplier for the wires

wesyder
02-25-13, 10:54 PM

Yeah i don't see any problems there, and i bet it didn't cost an arm and a leg for false hopes, cool deal