: HD Radio Issue's

rsf507
02-21-13, 01:06 AM
I am new to HD radio, but I live in a pretty populated area and mine never keeps its signal for more then 10 seconds or so, it keeps switching back and for from HD to non-HD. Does anyone else have this problem? is it normal? also, why is there two HD stations for a lot of channels? thanks for any help

EricDOhio
02-21-13, 10:33 AM
I have the same issues. I don't know what HD is my ATS can never seem to lock on to the station in HD; maybe this can be fixed in a CUE update.

NJRonbo
02-21-13, 04:28 PM
I was with the CUE team yesterday and brought this issue to their attention.

The problem is not CUE. The problem is the HD signal, which is not as strong as AM tower signals and are prone to transmission problems when being bounced off nearby buildings.

Some stations are combatting this problem by installing repeaters to increase signal strength, but I would not anticipate many are actually doing it.

jeffpaletz
02-21-13, 10:56 PM
In Minneapols we have about 12 HD radio stations. 2 are on AM and the rest are on FM. I've had no problems at all. After a few seconds the radio switches to the digital version of the broadcast. The FM stations have additional programs on sub channels. For example, there is 92.5-1, 92.5-2 and 92.5-3. I suggest you go to your dealer and test another car radio that is outside and see what results you get. If you are listening to local stations and you are having these problems it could be your radio. The best way to tell is to try another car with an HD Radio.

ewired
02-24-13, 10:32 AM
I'm having this issue as well. The station changes from HD to regular all the time. Also my CUE only finds one station in HD that I listen to. I understand that it's a "signal" issue but it sure is funny that my 07 Tahoe with a isimple HD module and my SONY in my work van not only pickup more stations that I listen to but they don't drop signal like the CUE does.

Now for the real problem. It loses signal so much that I turn off the HD FUNCTION in the menu so I can listen to the station and the damn CUE reverts back to HD. Talk about annoying

jeffpaletz
02-24-13, 12:52 PM
Ewired, there must be something wrong with the radio in your ATS. Especially considering that your other radios with HD work. You should have the dealer look at it and fix it. My XTS and my wife's SRX have no problems with HD stations. In fact I can pickup AM stations from from other states even during the day. At night I can pick up WBBM AM in Chicago, two states away, and sometimes it get a strong enough signal to switch to HD, I never have problems with HD staying locked on AM or FM stations.

I haven't looked at how the antenna on the back window is connected, but once on my DTS I noticed radio reception was suddenly bad and upon looking at the connector on the back window I found that it had gotten disconnected and I snapped it back on. This probably happened at a car wash. Anyway, if anyone has bad reception on your radio, have the dealer check it. Prove the problem by comparing reception on another car at the dealer that is outside the showroom.

I am impressed with the sensitivity of the radio in these cars.

tomwells
07-18-14, 04:51 PM
My daughter's Ford focus doesn't suffer from these signal issues like my ATS. My HD radio can take up to 20 seconds to connect with an HD station and then cuts out consistently. Rather than just dropping back to analog, it goes totally silent. The dealer called me
today to tell me it's a common issue with GM radios and there isn't a fix. I've switched to using mostly Pandora because it's just too painful listen to stations dropping all the time.

NJRonbo
07-18-14, 04:56 PM
At least my HD radio in my 2013 SRX goes back to analog instead of going silent.

But in general, I am very unhappy with CUE. It will be the ultimate reason why I will leave Cadillac once my lease is up next year.