: Rear shocks all the way up

jphearn
02-20-13, 10:44 PM
I have a 2006 escalade. The rear shocks are extended all the way up and will not lower and level off.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-21-13, 11:52 AM
jphearn,
Unfortunately, Katie and I as customer service agents don't have many technical resources to help troubleshoot in situations like these. Let us know if you decide to work with a dealership to get this resolved as we're available to work with you through that process.
Sarah (Assisting Katie), Cadillac Customer Service

the cadillac man
02-21-13, 12:04 PM
I have a 2006 escalade. The rear shocks are extended all the way up and will not lower and level off.

Check the rear lift/dive sensors as they work the rear shocks sounds like they are loose

SugsPa
05-10-15, 06:34 AM
jphearn, Were the rear lift/dive sensors the problem. I just replaced my front and rear with Monroe shocks and WOW, what a difference the ride is. They needed replacing badly; however, I now have the same problem as you. The rear shocks will not deflate, they stay tight as a tick all the time. I haven't heard the pump kick on but once when it filled the shocks with air that was it. Been about two weeks since I replaced them and they are still tight with air and it looks jacked up in the rear. I read through 9 pages of posts and only two or three had this problem but none posted a fix. Thanks,

SugsPa

Huddy
05-10-15, 10:13 AM
The compressor should make a puffing noise letting air out after the truck is turned off. Mine usually does it after my family of 5 exits the truck, as the system re-levels. Maybe the exhaust solenoid on your compressor is not working? Did you replace the compressor when you replaced the shocks?

the cadillac man
05-10-15, 10:20 AM
^ hit the nail on the head

SugsPa
05-12-15, 05:48 PM
No, I didn't replace the compressor but it is less than a year old. Is there a fix for the exhaust selonoid or do I need to replace the compressor again? Thanks, SugsPa

the cadillac man
05-12-15, 08:16 PM
No, I didn't replace the compressor but it is less than a year old. Is there a fix for the exhaust selonoid or do I need to replace the compressor again? Thanks, SugsPa

If you got it from gm they may have a warranty on it(my dealer does on parts)

If not there is a member on here who can repair the compressor so it works again

godsdiablo
05-13-15, 06:54 PM
How much to fix the exhaust solenoid

Silver04
05-13-15, 08:56 PM
I "fixed" my first one a while ago. I removed the solenoid from the compressor and had to re-solder one of the fine copper wires which had broken away. It worked for a while...before it broke again!

N9LO
05-13-15, 10:01 PM
I had my rear shocks and compressor replaced last week. I saw that the rear was noticeably higher than it was with blown shocks and compressor which looked level. I thought i might have the same problem as you. I never heard it run on start-up or release on shut down. Today I went back to my mechanics shop and opened the drivers window and got out and closed the door with the motor running. I reached through the window and turned off the key and jumped to the rear tire. There it was, PSSHHHHHHT. It was working. On the way home I looked a a lot front and rear wheel wells of Yukons, Tahoes, and a few Escalades. They were all noticeably higher in the rear.

the cadillac man
05-13-15, 11:26 PM
The factory shocks will create a "raked" effect when level
Now if they are pumped up full then there is something wrong

N9LO
05-14-15, 08:58 AM
The factory shocks will create a "raked" effect when level
Now if they are pumped up full then there is something wrong

ECHO, I already wrote, "On the way home I looked at a lot front and rear wheel wells of Yukons, Tahoes, and a few Escalades. They were all noticeably higher in the rear."

the cadillac man
05-14-15, 10:05 AM
ECHO, I already wrote, "On the way home I looked at a lot front and rear wheel wells of Yukons, Tahoes, and a few Escalades. They were all noticeably higher in the rear."

I was saying if they was higher then that then something isn't right

SugsPa
05-17-15, 07:40 PM
the cadillac man,
I ordered another one from RockAuto. PM me the person who works on them and I'll send him one he can have.

Thanks,

SugsPa

the cadillac man
05-17-15, 09:30 PM
the cadillac man, I ordered another one from RockAuto. PM me the person who works on them and I'll send him one he can have. Thanks, SugsPa

I forgot who it was

Hold onto it though