: 5 Lug Spacers

Cloud9nine
02-20-13, 03:13 PM
Does anyone here have on 5 lug spacers for there CTS V? I hit a curb last week (Yes doing something I had no business doing and whamm
$2500.00 dollar mistake, 2 rims, and two new wheel hubs + allignment.

So... I just got two new rims. Grand total on REFURBISHED rims where around $900.00 for two. RIDICULAS!!! I was thinking of going with5 lug spacers, and just buying 4 new rims but don't know what it would look like, and I needed a quick fix because I'm moving 3 states away next week. So buying refurbished was the quickest fix, but expensive.

Just wondering if anybody has the 5 lug set up, any clearance issues for a 18" rim, and how they ride on vehicle. Add pics if you have
any to this thread or any info you can share would be welcomed.

Modifications include my lead foot and the uncontrollable desire to drive fast all the time.

AAIIIC
02-20-13, 03:21 PM
Are you in the right forum? We have 6-lug wheels on the '04-07 CTS-Vs, which makes it awfully hard to install 5-lug spacers.

Cloud9nine
02-20-13, 03:24 PM
LOL yes im in the correct forum. That is my question. They have spacers that convert the 6 lug to 5 lug.

carlson_mn
02-20-13, 10:30 PM
lol no it's certainly not just spacers. There's some full install threads on here if you dig - you have to convert to corvette hubs and rotors, unless you want to try re-drilling 5 new holes on your existing rotors, which has been done before. It's not cheap but it does open up all kinds of options for wheels.

Also not to make you feel bad at this time but on the forums and ebay you can easily find rims for $300 or less. One was just offered up for $80 + shipping.

Bill Rubeck
02-21-13, 12:57 AM
Wheel spacers/lug adapters tend to be thick (2 inches?). So with our offset, plus the cost, it seems very unlikely to find a good combo to work on a v1. Also, as a working auto tech, I have seen alot of nightmares started because of spacers/adapters. Just my opinion...But I have looked in to the options.

Cloud9nine
02-21-13, 10:04 AM
Sounds like biting off more than I can chew even thinking about adapting.

ImEpayne
02-21-13, 07:11 PM
Cloud, literally did the EXACT same thing a couple weeks ago in my V. smacked a curb. $2,200.... they wanted $910 for one rim.... I found a set of custom painted STS-V rims at a salvage yard for $750... WITH TIRES. but not sure if I want to go through the trouble of getting spacers and longer lugnut bolts. SOrry I can't help ya with the spacer... Glad to hear others driving these like they stole them!

Dan_Gurney
02-21-13, 10:14 PM
I think it would be cost effective if you already had to buy some hubs and wheels... I kind of figured that selling off your stock wheels would pay for the conversion, then you just needed new wheels (which should be cheaper bing 5 lug) so if you already need hubs... it may work out better.

it is actually a fairly simple swap when you read up about it.