: XM Radio

Samorkand
02-20-13, 02:07 PM
I just bought a 2005 CTS 2 days ago and have been going over several possibilities for upgrading my stock stereo. Today I verified I do not have the XM radio module on my rear deck. On my previous car it appeared that the wiring for all the option listed on my car was there just not the options. Like cruise control. Mine didn't come with it. I bought a kit on ebay. Hooked it all up and was easy as that. My question is this, from what I have read the Onstar and XM use the same antenna or at least its in the same spot or something. Does anyone know if all the wiring, connections and antenna are already there I just need the XM radio module to have XM.
Appreciate any and all suggestions or comments. It all helps. Thanks.

bwv565
02-27-13, 11:06 PM
Samorkand, were you able to get an answer to this? I too am interested in getting either Sirius or XM (I know they're the same company now but different channels) for my '03 STS that has the Bose stereo and is in the process of being upgraded to the digital service for Onstar. I would like to know ahead of time if it's going to interfere or be an interaction/interference problem between the 3 systems.

DBB
05-30-13, 06:21 PM
I just bought a 2005 CTS 2 days ago and have been going over several possibilities for upgrading my stock stereo. Today I verified I do not have the XM radio module on my rear deck. On my previous car it appeared that the wiring for all the option listed on my car was there just not the options. Like cruise control. Mine didn't come with it. I bought a kit on ebay. Hooked it all up and was easy as that. My question is this, from what I have read the Onstar and XM use the same antenna or at least its in the same spot or something. Does anyone know if all the wiring, connections and antenna are already there I just need the XM radio module to have XM.
Appreciate any and all suggestions or comments. It all helps. Thanks.

What kit did you buy on Ebay. And do you get to Satellite radio via an FM modulator or via pushing the band button (not sure if you have one)