: a/c drive belt idler pulley on '03 Escalade

wine1959
02-19-13, 10:05 PM
Need help finding part number so I can replace the pulley on my a/c drive belt tensioner. Bearings gone bad after 125K miles. Thought about just changing bearing but don't have a press. Thanks for any help!

the cadillac man
02-19-13, 10:31 PM
Need help finding part number so I can replace the pulley on my a/c drive belt tensioner. Bearings gone bad after 125K miles. Thought about just changing bearing but don't have a press. Thanks for any help!

The tensioner is cheap and can be got at any parts store besides just replacing doesn't fix a worn pulley(trust me if the bearings are bad enough to whine then the pulley can be just as bad) I had to replace both on my 03 because of the bearings

Here is the link for the tensioner
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_automatic-belt-tensioner-light-duty-dayco-no-slack_15130033-p?searchTerm=belt+tensioners
Just plug in your zip code and it will show the price

wine1959
02-19-13, 10:44 PM
Thank you. That's what I'll do. Just thought the pulley replacement would be cheaper but after much research your suggestion is worth it! Thanks.

----------

Thank you. That's what I'll do. Just thought the pulley replacement would be cheaper but after much research your suggestion is worth it! Thanks.

the cadillac man
02-19-13, 10:50 PM

----------

It is because as the tensioner spring can get weak and cause the belt to slip Slip=belt squeal and wear