: 2005 ESV Radiator Cooling Fans Run Nonstop

Robbie05ESV
02-19-13, 08:32 PM
Just started about 2 weeks ago. Once I crank the truck, the fans kick on in about 5 seconds and then run non stop until I shut the engine off. I have replace all 3 relays that control the fan so it obviously is something else. Does anyone know what else controls the fans? I assume there is some sort of temperature sensor that would tell the fans they needed to come on so maybe that has gone bad. Any advice would be appreciated.

the cadillac man
02-19-13, 09:04 PM
Just started about 2 weeks ago. Once I crank the truck, the fans kick on in about 5 seconds and then run non stop until I shut the engine off. I have replace all 3 relays that control the fan so it obviously is something else. Does anyone know what else controls the fans? I assume there is some sort of temperature sensor that would tell the fans they needed to come on so maybe that has gone bad. Any advice would be appreciated.

There is a temp sensor for the fans

Robbie05ESV
02-19-13, 09:07 PM
There is a temp sensor for the fans

Can you tell me where it is or if there is some diagram somewhere that would help me to locate it? Thanks!

6lbsofSound
02-19-13, 09:54 PM
Lol on some people's answers on here.

Its usually on the radiator itself. Either left or right side you should see a brass switch with a plastic connector. I am sorry I can't be more exact I have an 03 with a clutch fan.

the cadillac man
02-19-13, 09:57 PM
Lol on some people's answers on here.

Its usually on the radiator itself. Either left or right side you should see a brass switch with a plastic connector. I am sorry I can't be more exact I have an 03 with a clutch fan.

Mine is a 03 also and I don't know if my service manual covers 05(haven't looked in the engine section yet to see) I do know there is two one on the left front side

mikedyk43
02-20-13, 02:26 AM
If you look at the stickied FAQ thread, there is a link to my thread for digital service manuals. Download the manual titled "Engine cooling". It should have everything you need in it.